Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jes'Me View Post
    The number that site is using to project his salary is his cap limit. He probably didn't sign for less than that, but more is sure possible. There's also question about term. Depending on who you read, it's 1,2,or 3 years. One of them is probably right
    I have no idea NBA contracts work but sounds Ron got a hefty pay raise. .

"The Knicks also re-signed free agent point guard Ron Baker on Friday night. Terms of Baker’s deal were unavailable, but*people in touch with the Knicks expected them to use an exception to sign Baker.*The Knicks will have access to the $4.3 million room exception and the $3.2 million biannual exception.

16 hours ago*–*via*ESPN

"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jes'Me View Post
      The number that site is using to project his salary is his cap limit. He probably didn't sign for less than that, but more is sure possible. There's also question about term. Depending on who you read, it's 1,2,or 3 years. One of them is probably right
      http://msgn.co/2tx001t 2 years

Comment

• Congrats Ron!! Very well deserved!! Maybe you can be the savior the Knicks need (have needed for almost 20 years!).
        "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
        -- Pele

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockersarelife View Post
          Thanks. Ron gives a nice interview.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Baker on MSG next. Directv 634

Comment

• That was awesome. 14 minute segment talking to Ron and about Ron and Fred and WSU. The gift that keeps on giving.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                That was awesome. 14 minute segment talking to Ron and about Ron and Fred and WSU. The gift that keeps on giving.
                Any way to see a replay?

Comment

• There was a twitter link this morning to a 3 and a half minute phone call interview via MSG networks online on that internet thingy.

Comment

• Here's a link worth listening to: https://youtu.be/ekL333x655g

Comment

• Congrats to a great young man and a great Shocker.

Comment

• Ron's offer was rescinded to make way for Hardaways deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                          Ron's offer was rescinded to make way for Hardaways deal.
                          Good! Move him to a real team!

Comment

• Someone smarter about the inner workings of the NBA contracts want to weigh in on this? If they already signed a contract, how do they just decide not to honor it? I understand these things happen, I just wonder what the options are. Is he now an unrestricted free agent? Does he have to stay in limbo until sometime in the future? If he doesn't sign somewhere else, are they in any way obligated to pay him what they offered in the contract that he signed? I'm just not very knowledgeable about how this stuff works. Seems like a signed contract should mean something. If they could just rescind the offer, shouldn't it mean that he could do the same thing and just move on if somebody else offered him more money?
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                              Someone smarter about the inner workings of the NBA contracts want to weigh in on this? If they already signed a contract, how do they just decide not to honor it? I understand these things happen, I just wonder what the options are. Is he now an unrestricted free agent? Does he have to stay in limbo until sometime in the future? If he doesn't sign somewhere else, are they in any way obligated to pay him what they offered in the contract that he signed? I'm just not very knowledgeable about how this stuff works. Seems like a signed contract should mean something. If they could just rescind the offer, shouldn't it mean that he could do the same thing and just move on if somebody else offered him more money?
                              Here's the full story, according to ESPN's Ian Begley:

"To make room for Tim Hardaway Jr.'s $71 million deal, the Knicks renounced their rights to Derrick Rose, Sasha Vujacic and Ron Baker and rescinded Baker's qualifying offer. They have agreed to a deal with Baker. That contract can now be for the minimum or for part of the room midlevel exception. That leaves them with very little cap space - plus the $4.3 million exception - to spend on a point guard. The Knicks, per sources, still feel they can trade Carmelo Anthony, which could potentially open up more space."

Attached Files
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                                Here's the full story, according to ESPN's Ian Begley:

"To make room for Tim Hardaway Jr.'s $71 million deal, the Knicks renounced their rights to Derrick Rose, Sasha Vujacic and Ron Baker and rescinded Baker's qualifying offer. They have agreed to a deal with Baker. That contract can now be for the minimum or for part of the room midlevel exception. That leaves them with very little cap space - plus the $4.3 million exception - to spend on a point guard. The Knicks, per sources, still feel they can trade Carmelo Anthony, which could potentially open up more space."

I saw that. I'm just not sure what it means. Instead of whatever they offered, now they can pay him the minimum? Why would he agree to the minimum in that dumpster fire instead of taking more in a place that careers don't historically go to die?
                                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Working...
                                X