Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Something interesting from those tweets:

Greg Lansing has 950 followers.

Ron Baker has 138,000.
    But Lansing has more follower per capita..

Comment

• The Knicks would do well to add Tekele Cotton to their roster.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I really want our Shockers to get as far away from the NY train wreck as possible. I know Hornacek is a fan of Ron but I really wonder how long he will last there? Its crazy the way they've handled Melo and now pissed off Porzingas, who was supposed to be the future?

Comment

• The NBA is a paycheck. Unless you're an elite player that knows you'll be in the league 10-15 years+, you go where you can earn a check. There's probably a number of teams that would take Ron at this point, but he's bought himself a future in NY, at least for the next few years.

Comment

• Ron now back in Wichita. Saw him at Jose Peppers East last night.
            Last edited by washedup; April 21, 2017, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by washedup View Post
              Ron now back in Wichita. Saw him at Jose Peppers East last night.
              dont tell Carlos okellys that

Comment

He's been back in town since last weekend. Ran into him at a River City Brewery last Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox1979 View Post
                  He's been back in town since last weekend. Ran into him at a River City Brewery last Saturday.
                  Ron's favorite song...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Bringing back some of their young players would give the Knicks roster continuity, but it would take them out of the running for big-name free agents.
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Does anyone know what a 1.5 million "cap hold" means?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockersarelife View Post
                        Does anyone know what a 1.5 million "cap hold" means?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockersarelife View Post
                          Does anyone know what a 1.5 million "cap hold" means?
                          Its an educated guess based on the "type" of free agent (http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q38) and how much of the cap he's going to account for next year defined by the CBA. Has no bearing on potential salary just a % of last years salary (I think 120% in Ron's case). See below.

During the free agency period (from July 1 until the player signs with a team, or the free agent's former team renounces its rights), each free agent carries a specified salary cap charge for his last team, most often called a "cap hold".
                          https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_salary_cap

39. Why do free agents continue to count against team salary?

It closes a loophole. Teams otherwise would be able to sign other teams' free agents using their cap room, and then turn their attention to their own free agents using the Bird exception. This rule restricts their ability to do that. It uses the player's current status (type of free agent, whether coming off a rookie contract, and previous salary) as a rough guideline to predict the amount the player is likely to receive in his next contract, and sets that amount aside in the form of a cap hold. But while it functions as a rough guideline, it's obviously not perfect -- for example, in 2005 Michael Redd's free agent amount was just $6 million, even though the Bucks intended to re-sign him for the maximum salary. By waiting to sign Redd last, the Bucks were able to take advantage of the difference by signing Bobby Simmons. Had they signed Redd first, they would not have had enough cap room to sign Simmons.
                          http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q39

TL;DR: Closes loop hole and doesnt affect next years salary.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/nyknicks/status/...848768/video/1 Commercial time Amtrak vid
                            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• No wonder people need lawyers just to interpret the rules.

Comment

• Via Christi has named Ron Baker as their spokesman for the Children's Miracle Network.

https://www.viachristi.org/blog/ron-....VC9WxJeY.dpbs
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X