Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rose is playing tonight and tore the first half up. 13 pts and 66.7% shooting through the first half.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Wow, New York was winning the entire game it seemed until a buzzer beater at the end! Choke! Rose had 25 points, so that sucks for Baker.

Comment

• Well, I know we have our skeptics when it comes to plus-minus, but I couldn't help noticing that Rose was -21 tonight (worst on the team). Coincidence, KV?

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
          Well, I know we have our skeptics when it comes to plus-minus, but I couldn't help noticing that Rose was -21 tonight (worst on the team). Coincidence, KV?
          I don't think +/- is actually that bad of a metric. It's just a general one for which direction the points are moving when you are on the court. Considering it was a 1 point game looking at the +/- is rather interesting. Basically the Sixers starters beat the Knicks starters. And the Knicks bench beat the Sixers bench.

Watching enough games and following the +/- of specific players during a game I think it is a good metric for guard play. A large negative with lots of points usually happens when the ball is sticking in that guards hands.

A great example was the last 905 game and VanVleet compared to Heslip. Heslip was the PG while Fred was resting and the score was moving fast in the wrong direction fast. Fred came back in to steady the team and get the win. Heslip shot 87% and was leading scorer with 25. Yet he was something like -15 and Fred was like +20 before he came in to save the game. Heslip ended with -6 and Fred with +19 (they moved Heslip to SG for the very end with Fred).

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
            Well, I know we have our skeptics when it comes to plus-minus, but I couldn't help noticing that Rose was -21 tonight (worst on the team). Coincidence, KV?
            Did he shoot them out of the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Did he shoot them out of the game?
              For Rose's 32 minutes the Knicks got 1.81 pts/min (of which .78 pts/min were his) and allowed 2.44 pts/min. The 16 minutes without him the Knicks were getting 2.44 pts/min and allowing 1.25 pts/min.

His first run on the court the Knicks played the 76's at 32 to 27. His next two runs they were out scored 13 to 28 and then 13 to 23.

We'll see what happens tonight.

Comment

• Bulls vs Knicks on TNT right now. Ron Baker hasn't played yet. Doug McDermott has.

Comment

• Knicks destroyed the Bulls. McDermott 0-5. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                    Knicks destroyed the Bulls. McDermott 0-5. :)
                    At least McDermott was on the floor for 17 minutes. Ron played the final 4 seconds of the 2nd quarter. OTOH Ron's pay rate per minute of playing time is pretty healthy.

Comment

• Knicks at Raptors. Knicks down by 34 at the start of the 4th. Ron was put in with 3 mins to go in the third. We'll see if Raptors put in Fred. Will it be Ron vs Fred for the 4th?

Comment

• It's Fred vs Baker for the last 5 mins of the game. Knicks down by 23.

Comment

• Knicks broadcast is talking about Fred and Ron. Which has now turned into a 3-4 minute discussion on Wichita State and its history.

Comment

• Originally posted by boltforge View Post
                            It's Fred vs Baker for the last 5 mins of the game. Knicks down by 23.
                            NBA League pass? I couldn't find it anywhere.

Comment

• Any details you can provide are appreciated...I can't find the game.

Comment

• I don't think I saw either player score. Ron blocked a layup attempt by Fred.

Comment

Working...
                                X