Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    From what I read, there was a family emergency and he was actually back in his hometown of Chicago. Very well could have been on a flight when people were trying to reach him.
    That's a rumor that's going around. Whether you make minimum wage or 20 million a year, you still text your boss from the terminal and give them a heads up.

Comment

From what I read, there was a family emergency and he was actually back in his hometown of Chicago. Very well could have been on a flight when people were trying to reach him.
      Yep. True. But still no excuse. How hard is it to drop a text to his buddy Noah about what's going?

It is amazing to me to just think about the scenario of being a no show for a job where you are literally paid 100s of thousands of dollars each night and still having that job. That system is screwed up and the players have too much power in that regard. But they are entertainers, ultimately, and that's why they let this crap slide. Gotta put butts in the seats and the stars are who do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
        Yep. True. But still no excuse. How hard is it to drop a text to his buddy Noah about what's going?

It is amazing to me to just think about the scenario of being a no show for a job where you are literally paid 100s of thousands of dollars each night and still having that job. That system is screwed up and the players have too much power in that regard. But they are entertainers, ultimately, and that's why they let this crap slide. Gotta put butts in the seats and the stars are who do that.
        The big difference? They can train someone to do my job or yours (to an extent). They can't just train someone to be as athletic as Rose.

Comment

Because the individuals who have gifts no one else on the planet does should have less negotiating power than coaches/GMs who are much more replaceable than the players themselves? No way.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
            Because the individuals who have gifts no one else on the planet does should have less negotiating power than coaches/GMs who are much more replaceable than the players themselves? No way.
            True. Easy for me to take shots at the guy out of jealousy. I guess I just wish that these dudes had more character. But you're right.

Comment

True. Easy for me to take shots at the guy out of jealousy. I guess I just wish that these dudes had more character. But you're right.
              Yeah, I agree with you there. Rose probably isn't the best player to have in your organization. But this is the Knicks we're talking about, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I mean, this was incredibly predictable and obvious. He got benched, threw a fit, embarrassed his administration and caused his team to lose to a terrible team. Sounds like it is exactly what I expected, and high fives for Ron on capitalizing in the midst of a mega star meltdown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                    I mean, this was incredibly predictable and obvious. He got benched, threw a fit, embarrassed his administration and caused his team to lose to a terrible team. Sounds like it is exactly what I expected, and high fives for Ron on capitalizing in the midst of a mega star meltdown.
                    I would amend that he didn't cause his team to lose to a terrible team. They have no trouble doing that when he does play, thus the benching. Legend in his own mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      I would amend that he didn't cause his team to lose to a terrible team. They have no trouble doing that when he does play, thus the benching. Legend in his own mind.
                      Exactly .. the Knicks had two players ejected ... at separate points in the game .... How does that even happen?

Comment

Exactly .. the Knicks had two players ejected ... at separate points in the game .... How does that even happen?
                        I have a theory. Many players were probably present whenever the initial shouting match happened and it hurt the team chemistry this week. They went into their next game and had bad attitudes.

At this point, I'd say Ron is probably reaching for the popcorn while a bunch of grown adult men act like children in front of him.

Comment

• I'd bet Ron is getting up shots, lifting weights, and watching film. You know, cause he's interested in things like winning and being successful.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                            That's a rumor that's going around. Whether you make minimum wage or 20 million a year, you still text your boss from the terminal and give them a heads up.
                            Manners and quality never go out of style. Especially manners.
                            "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• 1) Rose led his team to a 13-point deficit after 3 quarters.
                              2) Rookie comes in for 4th quarter and team gets back in the game.
                              3) Rookie stays in the game at crunch time.
                              4) Rookie is credited with being the catalyst who got the win.
                              4) Post-game interviewer asks Rose his opinion of the rookie.

Now maybe we've seen #5. Particularly when Rose didn't get back in that game for the last push. And then had to say how happy he was for Baker in the post-game interivew. That could have been a real burn.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Can't feel too sorry fo Derrick. Should have played better in the 2008 Championship game.
                                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Working...
                                X