Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like they sent Ron down to the D-League.

Comment

• They simply just don't want to win do they.
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• So Ron is back on a roster with Cle. All the sudden I am a Westchester Knicks fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
          They simply just don't want to win do they.
          I wouldn't read too much into it. These assignments are usually about getting young players game reps for development rather than any signal of the team's long term plans. It is just the nature of a 15 man roster where only 13 can suit up.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• The Knicks played yo-yo with Cle and others the last two years. The guys who don't play a ton of Knicks minutes can get reps in at Westchester on a Tuesday and be back for their regular role at the Garden Wednesday.

Comment

• So there goes his half mill, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                So there goes his half mill, right?
                No, he's still on the roster and under contract. They actually sent him down last week and he was brought back up by the time the Knicks had their next game

Comment

• Think of it as advanced practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                    The Knicks played yo-yo with Cle and others the last two years. The guys who don't play a ton of Knicks minutes can get reps in at Westchester on a Tuesday and be back for their regular role at the Garden Wednesday.

I believe Cle actually played in a D-League game and an NBA game last year in the same day.

Comment

• No doubt in my mind that Ron's NBA playing time will come.

May not be this year, but it will come.

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                        No doubt in my mind that Ron's NBA playing time will come.

May not be this year, but it will come.
                        And I believe the Knicks see this, too. If they didn't, they'd just park him on the bench or cut him.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuball7 View Post
                          I believe Cle actually played in a D-League game and an NBA game last year in the same day.
                          The Ernie Banks of the Knicks -- "Hey, let's play two!"

Comment

• Ron with 26 points on 8 of 17 shooting (5 of 8 from 3) in a come from behind victory

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              Ron with 26 points on 8 of 17 shooting (5 of 8 from 3) in a come from behind victory
                              But those 8 TO is not a pretty stat. Good to see he's taking the initiative as the primary scoring option.
                              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• Does anybody know if Early has been playing? Or is he still rehabbing

Comment

Working...
                                X