Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    This statement bothers me. I'm not an NBA guy, mainly because this statement has truth to it. However, I don't remember superstars on great teams "earning the right to coast". None of the superstars on the Bulls coasted. Rodman wasn't the only one who played great defense. So did Jordan. The Spurs superstars didn't coast. Bad and mediocre teams have superstars who coast.
    scottie pippen was also a great defender.

Comment

• Carmelo is a dog, plain and simple.

Comment

• Sounds like we got a bunch of KU fans still butt hurt about 2003.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
          Full disclosure - I do not watch or follow the NBA, watched last night's game only to see if RB got to play.

A long time friend of mine who does follow the NBA told me last night that Carmelo Anthony has the worst winning record in NBA history in NBA playoff games. After reading your post to him he wondered what winning rings have followed Carmelo anywhere. I know he won an NCAA Championship ring at Syracuse; so has he won any rings for his play in the NBA?
          Obviously he put Syracuse on his back and was the sole reason that Jim Boeheim wears a championship ring for the 2003 season. In terms of him not being a winner or something--the guy is the most decorated Olympian in USA Basketball history. Three gold medals. He is also USA Basketball's all-time leading scorer. I'd say the guy is a winner. Not his fault that Denver and the Knicks have had bad rosters most of the years he has been in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
            Sounds like we got a bunch of KU fans still butt hurt about 2003.
            Bingo. Dude is an all-time NBA great.

Comment

• Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
              Bingo. Dude is an all-time NBA great.
              If I was looking for a bunch of 'butt-hurt KU fans', Shockernet would definitely be where I started...

Very excited for Ron. The Knicks will get blown out a lot, so he should get some PT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                Full disclosure - I do not watch or follow the NBA, watched last night's game only to see if RB got to play.

A long time friend of mine who does follow the NBA told me last night that Carmelo Anthony has the worst winning record in NBA history in NBA playoff games. After reading your post to him he wondered what winning rings have followed Carmelo anywhere. I know he won an NCAA Championship ring at Syracuse; so has he won any rings for his play in the NBA?
                Check you meter.

Comment

• I doubt that very many people would not give Melo the Superstar title. Many Superstars didn't win NBA titles, but I'd put Melo on the tier below Jordan, Pippen, Bird, Magic, The Center from the Spurs that I forgot his name, etc. I'm sure I'm leaving a few Superstars off of the list.

If I'm building an NBA franchise around a player, these listed above are who I'd prefer to build around.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    I doubt that very many people would not give Melo the Superstar title. Many Superstars didn't win NBA titles, but I'd put Melo on the tier below Jordan, Pippen, Bird, Magic, The Center from the Spurs that I forgot his name, etc. I'm sure I'm leaving a few Superstars off of the list.

If I'm building an NBA franchise around a player, these listed above are who I'd prefer to build around.
                    Melo is a great player, but his name doesn not belong in the same sentence as Jordan, sorry.

Comment

• Melo is not a great player. He's a cancer with a scoring average.

Great players win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        Check you meter.
                        Apologies extended my meter was checked for the night.

Comment

• Melo is a volume scorer and at one time was one of the best scorers out there, but the biggest knock on him (and deservedly so in my opinion) is that he scores primarily out of iso situations. Fans of ball movement and cutting won't like Melo. His efficiency has dropped with age and the fact his defense is not great has thus become more of a concern. ESPN Stats and Info sent out a tweet last night that the Knicks had 29 possessions in which a shot was taken by the guy who brought up the ball with no pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                            ESPN Stats and Info sent out a tweet last night that the Knicks had 29 possessions in which a shot was taken by the guy who brought up the ball with no pass.
                            Thanks for sharing this information; last night I commented to my friend that the continued failure of Knick players to pass the ball and/or run a play is one of the reasons I do not watch the NBA.

Comment

• Somebody change the thread title to "Carmelo Anthony is a Knick!"

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                                Melo is a volume scorer and at one time was one of the best scorers out there, but the biggest knock on him (and deservedly so in my opinion) is that he scores primarily out of iso situations. Fans of ball movement and cutting won't like Melo. His efficiency has dropped with age and the fact his defense is not great has thus become more of a concern. ESPN Stats and Info sent out a tweet last night that the Knicks had 29 possessions in which a shot was taken by the guy who brought up the ball with no pass.
                                I don't know where to look for total possessions, but the Knicks took 87 shots and had 13 offensive rebounds and shot 20 FT. If the 20 FT came on 15 possessions, there would be approximately 89 possessions. Nearly 1/3 of the possessions had no front court passes. Unreal!
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X