Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ron Baker was a Knick, and now is a Wizard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know that the NBA is the goal, but if that doesnt work, he can go make some bank with his talents. Not a bad consolation.

Either way, making a living doing what he loves to do is a dream come true for a select few. Great for him!
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      I know that the NBA is the goal, but if that doesnt work, he can go make some bank with his talents. Not a bad consolation.

Either way, making a living doing what he loves to do is a dream come true for a select few. Great for him!
      Ron will be on a roster next week. Either the Knicks sign him, or they cut him and someone will pick him up off waivers. No way he gets related to a D-League contract after his pre-season performance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        Ron will be on a roster next week. Either the Knicks sign him, or they cut him and someone will pick him up off waivers. No way he gets related to a D-League contract after his pre-season performance.
        You may be right.....I'm kinda in that camp with you, but not quite as strongly.

I am however completely in that camp about Fred. First, I think he makes Toronto's team. If not, he WILL be on another roster.

Comment

• Comment

• You're the New York Knicks GM. First order of business? Cutting the roster down to 15. Do you sign Ron Baker or Chasson Randle?

Comment

• In yesterday's New York Post, an article said the Knicks want to keep Randle on the 15 man roster despite his injury. They said one scenario is to cut Randle, pay him the partial guarantee and keep Ron. When Randle is healed, re-sign him and send Baker to Westchester.
              In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                In yesterday's New York Post, an article said the Knicks want to keep Randle on the 15 man roster despite his injury. They said one scenario is to cut Randle, pay him the partial guarantee and keep Ron. When Randle is healed, re-sign him and send Baker to Westchester.
                Would this give them a better chance of maintaining control over Baker? Would Ron being with the big club even for a short time guarantee him way more money? I'm not familiar with how D-League contracts work.

Comment

• Baker highlights from last night:

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    Would this give them a better chance of maintaining control over Baker? Would Ron being with the big club even for a short time guarantee him way more money? I'm not familiar with how D-League contracts work.
                    I think no matter how they do it, once they cut them down to a D-League contract, they go on waivers where anyone can claim him. Then he can sign him to the D-League but if another club wants to offer him a full contract, they can still do so.

Comment

• I hope he gets a short stint bare minimum, so I can buy a sweet Baker Knicks shirt.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                        I hope he gets a short stint bare minimum, so I can buy a sweet Baker Knicks shirt.
                        If he keeps 'droppin' dimes' like he did last night, it will be more than a "short stint" in the league... damn, those are some impressive passes.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Dude is gonna make somebody's roster. I'm just ticked that Fred and Ron are going to force me to watch the freaking NBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                            Dude is gonna make somebody's roster. I'm just ticked that Fred and Ron are going to force me to watch the freaking NBA.
                            I like to imagine it as Ron and Fred just scrimmaging a bunch of random scrubs.

Comment

• Also, I have gotten a kick out of reading Knick fans' comments. They have an impressive following of loyal fans for as sucky as they have been. They love them some Ron Baker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
                                Also, I have gotten a kick out of reading Knick fans' comments. They have an impressive following of loyal fans for as sucky as they have been. They love them some Ron Baker.
                                Bakersanity!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X