Eric Sexton stepping down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Sexton stepping down

So much for the "promotion" to VP of Studernt Affairs. Maybe now Bardo can hire an AD.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

3G 4 AD
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Million dollar question- will we promote from within, poach from lower D1 schools or hire an assistant from a D1 school of similar success?
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I think on the question of Boatright comes down to what the working relationship with 3G is. If he is comfortable and like Boatright then u make him the AD. The worst thing you can do is bring soneobody in who antognizes Gregg because he want to make his mark.

Comment

Two interview questions for new AD:
            1) Will you fire Todd Butler.
            2) Will you try to bring back football.

2 yes's = you're hired.
            I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerInKC View Post
              1) Will you fire Todd Butler.
              2) Will you try to bring back football.

2 yes's = you're hired.
              We don't need a yes man. IMHO we need a strong leader who will guide us in the appropriate direction regardless of popular opinion on any issue.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 21, 2016, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                So much for the "promotion" to VP of Studernt Affairs. Maybe now Bardo can hire an AD.
                This whole situation just never passed the smell test. I wonder if Eric was getting a lot of resistance from his subordinates in his new position. He obviously wasn't viewed by those subordinates as the most qualified to lead the Office of Student Affairs. Perhaps the same thing applied to his hiring as AD. Not sure Don Beggs did Eric any favors with that move. Hindsight is 20-20 but Eric probably wishes he just stayed in his government relations position although who knows for sure.

In any case, I don't think ADES is a bad person. Just someone who perhaps exceeded his reach and got in over his head. His time as AD was not all bad for sure but whether or not that was mostly due to the legacy left him by Jim Schaus is certainly debatable. I wish Eric well in his future endeavors.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerInKC View Post
                  1) Will you fire Todd Butler?
                  2) Will you keep Gregg Marshall happy?

2 yes's = you're hired.
                  Fixed
                  You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Thanks Mr. Sexton for all your hard work and dedication to the University.

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                      Thanks Mr. Sexton for all your hard work and dedication to the University.
                      A very nice show of CLASS, DW.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        This whole situation just never passed the smell test. I wonder if Eric was getting a lot of resistance from his subordinates in his new position. He obviously wasn't viewed by those subordinates as the most qualified to lead the Office of Student Affairs. Perhaps the same thing applied to his hiring as AD. Not sure Don Beggs did Eric any favors with that move. Hindsight is 20-20 but Eric probably wishes he just stayed in his government relations position although who knows for sure.

In any case, I don't think ADES is a bad person. Just someone who perhaps exceeded his reach and got in over his head. His time as AD was not all bad for sure but whether or not that was mostly due to the legacy left him by Jim Schaus is certainly debatable. I wish Eric well in his future endeavors.
                        His time as AD was a disaster. Two complete failures in dealing with the women's BB issue where it seems he ignored complaints time and time again, and then of course his infamous handling of fHCGS which the baseball program and reputation of GS is still recovering. Oh.. In addition to an NCAA violation on his watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                          His time as AD was a disaster. Two complete failures in dealing with the women's BB issue where it seems he ignored complaints time and time again, and then of course his infamous handling of fHCGS which the baseball program and reputation of GS is still recovering. Oh.. In addition to an NCAA violation on his watch.
                          "...a disaster" - hardly, excellent example of overreaching in your criticism; how many Athletic Departments in conferences comparable to the MVC can match WSU's athletic performances during Sexton's eight year reign as AD? We know the answer regards the MVC - NONE!

In Sexton's eight years as AD the Shockers won 38 MVC titles; witnessed an improvement in Academic Progress Rate (APR) to a record high of 977; had ten Shocker teams with perfect 1,000 APR multi-year rates; received no APR penalties; and in his final year Shocker teams won six (6) league championships, finishing first or second in 9 of 15 sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                            "...a disaster" - hardly, excellent example of overreaching in your criticism; how many Athletic Departments in conferences comparable to the MVC can match WSU's athletic performances during Sexton's eight year reign as AD? We know the answer regards the MVC - NONE!

In Sexton's eight years as AD the Shockers won 38 MVC titles; witnessed an improvement in Academic Progress Rate (APR) to a record high of 977; had ten Shocker teams with perfect 1,000 APR multi-year rates; received no APR penalties; and in his final year Shocker teams won six (6) league championships, finishing first or second in 9 of 15 sports.
                            I agree. I doubt that Veritas has the level of mental functioning (as well as patience and political savy) needed to last in the AD's job for a long time.

The way I look at this is that Bardo has the right to select his own staff. Bardo wants his team and as a result, Sexton was asked to leave.

This happens in organizations every day, both large and small. I'm hoping that Bardo will hire a highly qualified AD who is 'his guy', because if he doesn't, the stink in the air will stretch from Omaha to Oklahoma City.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

This. Everyone one here is really quick to bash Sexton, and I can understand why. But he is almost never given any credit for the good things that happened under his watch, and there was a lot of good. Not really fair IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X