Mike and Mike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike and Mike

Usually I listen to snippets of Mike and Mike on the radio in the morning.

Today, Mike Golic was off work and John Salley filled in for him. I must admit that I was pretty impressed with Salley.

Salley played in the NBA from 1986 to 2000.

Mike Greenberg and John S. talked quite a bit about last night's game between the Warriors and Thunder.

The conversation became more specific and some minutes were spent on Draymond Green.

Mike G. asked John S. to name a player, who played in John's NBA years and who was most like Draymond Green. John only took a millisecond to answer the question.

Do you know the answer? Good luck.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

X marks the spot?
    78-65

Comment

John Salley is a sharp individual. I'd listen to him just about anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
        X marks the spot?
        Ding, ding, ding.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Could X handle, facilitate, and run an offense like Dray can? Unfortunately I wasn't really old enough to watch him play that much. Based on the highlights I've seen they both definitely have the take no prisoner mentality. X looks more athletic than Dray but Draymond might have an edge as far as the cerebral part of the game. At least based on what I know of the two players. The thing I like about DG is his versatility. At 6'8 he can pretty much play any position, on either side of the ball. If that describes X it makes me wish even more that I could have seen him play.

Comment

I miss the old "Best Damn Sports Show...Period" on FSN
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
              Usually I listen to snippets of Mike and Mike on the radio in the morning.

Today, Mike Golic was off work and John Salley filled in for him. I must admit that I was pretty impressed with Salley.

Salley played in the NBA from 1986 to 2000.

Mike Greenberg and John S. talked quite a bit about last night's game between the Warriors and Thunder.

The conversation became more specific and some minutes were spent on Draymond Green.

Mike G. asked John S. to name a player, who played in John's NBA years and who was most like Draymond Green. John only took a millisecond to answer the question.

Do you know the answer? Good luck.

https://youtu.be/g3Kq1vURcL8
              Heard it...loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                Could X handle, facilitate, and run an offense like Dray can? Unfortunately I wasn't really old enough to watch him play that much. Based on the highlights I've seen they both definitely have the take no prisoner mentality. X looks more athletic than Dray but Draymond might have an edge as far as the cerebral part of the game. At least based on what I know of the two players. The thing I like about DG is his versatility. At 6'8 he can pretty much play any position, on either side of the ball. If that describes X it makes me wish even more that I could have seen him play.
                As Ron White might say, "yeah...he could." I'd add, "and did."
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                  X had the cerebral part down also. Look how he messed with Scottie Pippens head in the playoffs.
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                    X had the cerebral part down also. Look how he messed with Scottie Pippens head in the playoffs.
                    About 2 or 3 days ago I caught some of the show and Greenburgh brought up the '92 series between the Bulls and Knicks and what a great series that was.

I would have to agree that it was an awesome series. One of the best of the 90's if not the best.

Comment

Salley's best quip was when they were discussing the huge salaries and Greenie said something like, "In the end all that money doesn't improve your game one bit" and Salley said "No, but it makes you a lot sexier!".
                      If you take the high road, you won't find much traffic there . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
                        Salley's best quip was when they were discussing the huge salaries and Greenie said something like, "In the end all that money doesn't improve your game one bit" and Salley said "No, but it makes you a lot sexier!".
                        Thanks, Rix. I missed that comment.

It was the first time that I had listened to John S. I really enjoyed his commentary.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                        X