X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Auction

No reports?

Is the fan base getting BEYOND spoiled?

I haven't heard the numbers but at least to me, the numbers seemed to be down. It wasn't that crowded.

However, I thought the set up was the best it's been ever. Easy access to the bar. Tubs of water that never ran out. Wide selection of auction items.

10 year anniversary was a great idea. Always good to see Jason Perez. Great to see Ben Smith and Derek Brown.

There was one other largish white guy that stood when Gregg asked ex players to be recognized but I didn't see who it was. Any ideas?

Other thoughts?

I hope it went well Doc. I would like to go and contribute but with the SASO and ticket increases in the past 2-3 years, it's the best I can do.

Comment

For those who didn't attend, ZBush, JRS, CF, MM, EH, LS and BB were all there for the first part helping to drum up ticket sales for a trip with the team to SIU. MM is such a nice dude, very personble - he does need to eat a steak or two. He was joking to the coaches saying he would come back at 220, they all laughed and told him to be realistic.

Coach confirmed the Montreal trip in early August I believe, four games. Also said there were 60 teams going to play in his golf tournament this week.

I thought the event was very good also. Each table was themed with one of the past 9 years' teams with team pictures as placemats.

Live auction items went for good $. I think dinner with the Marshalls at Chesters went for $10k or something like that. Shocker golf cart $12k. They usually raise a total of $300k between the auction and golf - I bet they will again this year.

Went to the after auction party for the first time ever at Champions Club. Good crowd there too, the Marshalls know how to party!

Comment

Agree with Wu, the new layout really made things easier. Thought there were fewer people also. Not sure who the white guy was, we were wondering the same thing. Hogwild did a great job, don't believe they ran out of food and the Crown lasted all night too!!

Comment

Working...
        X