Praylow Twins Good, no, GREAT Deed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Praylow Twins Good, no, GREAT Deed

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

Give the dime to former Shocker great Derek Brown for finding this nugget.

Just makes a person really proud to know these men represent our University.

They deserve the recognition, and more.

Well done guys!

84 year lady that uses a walker distress call for help fell on deaf ears for qui… carolyn truesdale needs your support for 84 Year Lady's Distress Help Fund

I make no comment on the validity of this so contribute on your own.

Comment

Awesome! Great job Praylow's!!!
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Awesome!
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Outstanding. Great find Doc. Thanks for sharing.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 28, 2016, 05:16 PM.

Comment

they always were great people!! something wichita state university/basketball should be proud of!!

Comment

@WuDrWu: have you forwarded this to any of the local media? I think that would be worthwhile.

Comment

Wow. Awesome story. Another reason to be proud to be a Shocker!
                "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

$225 contributed by 4 people since Doc's post. All are anonymous so not sure if those were from Shockernetters or not other than the one I made. I suspect they are. If those are all Shockernetters then kudos to my fellow Shockers for showing their Shocker pride and in supporting Dwayne and Dwight's act of charity. I am sure even a $5 or $10 contribution would be much appreciated.

Comment

Was that Dave Chappelle painting the ceiling at about the 1 minute mark?

Very inspiring!

Comment

Loved these guys from the minute they donned the Shocker uniform. I was an impressionable 8th grader when Marco Baldi broke my heart but these guys taught me how to play the game right!

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                        Loved these guys from the minute they donned the Shocker uniform. I was an impressionable 8th grader when Marco Baldi broke my heart but these guys taught me how to play the game right!
                        Friggin' Marco Baldi...

That was my freshman year in pep band, I was at the hole known as the Rosemont Horizon for that game. I, along with many others, drank a LOT after that game. And on the flight on Southwest (how I managed that being underage I don't recall, like much of the trip). And on the bus trip from KC to Wichita. Loooong hangover.

The Praylow twins were favorite players of mine. I always wondered if having twins on the floor at the same time ever screwed up the defense!
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I'd still see your Baldi and raise you a Radunovich.

Comment

Working...
                          X