Fred, Ron, and Evan Pitch For Carlos O'Kelley's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
    That's right, I forgot about that. I think he was on that 1970 team, and flew on the black plane.
    I think that may have been a bit before John's time at WSU. John graduated in 1977. Not only did he play football he was also a WuShock which would make the anti-WeeShock crowd happy.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 26, 2016, 05:25 PM.

Comment

The ref that "makes the call" actually isn't an actor. It's John Blazek, who used to ref D1 games and had a nice seat at WSU games not that long ago where he had the responsibility of grading the referees on the court. Not sure about the other two
      I think the bald guy used to work at KWCH. No clue who the other ref was. Still, a pretty cool commercial and concept.
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        The stuff he does for Dillon's is pretty good to. Now why 3G trusts Serenity Home Health Care is kind of a mystery to me. Are they nursing Chris Jans back to good health and good graces?
        I agree about the Dillons commercials also.

The first time I saw one I called a familly member into the room to witness what a 3$$$ dollar salesperson looks like. The community invested in GGG, and he appears to be doing the same.

Comment

The ref that "makes the call" actually isn't an actor. It's John Blazek, who used to ref D1 games and had a nice seat at WSU games not that long ago where he had the responsibility of grading the referees on the court. Not sure about the other two
          He coached hs football way out west back in the day I think.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            John is a former Shocker football player. Played linebacker in the early 70's. So he is okay in my book.
            I remember him well...

Comment

The only thing missing was "Monitor Time with Hollywood" Higgins would have been a great cameo.
              Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

Those guys are so dang cute. They could sell refrigerators to Eskimoes.

Comment

Now that it's been mentioned that Blazek played FB at WSU, I remember him. He was one of the athletes I knew, but not one I hung around with a lot. I'm surprised I didn't recognize the name.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                    I think the bald guy used to work at KWCH. No clue who the other ref was. Still, a pretty cool commercial and concept.
                    Bald dude is Adam Knapp, who was the Eagle WSU beat writer before Sully.
                    78-65

Comment

Wonder if Mike Kennedy is complaining about the officiating in the commercial.

Comment

Apparently, this commercial is now "trending" as they say on Facebook. I'm not sure what that necessarily means, other than the fact that it pops up in the suggested articles nationally, right next to things like "Kim Kardashian" and that sort of thing.

Won't be long before Ron gets famous.

Comment

Since novody mentioned it I must be wrong. I'm thinking John Blazek doubled as WU Shock for a little while.

Edit- I now see it has been mentioned.
                          Last edited by tropicalshox; April 27, 2016, 03:24 PM.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                            Since novody mentioned it I must be wrong. I'm thinking John Blazek doubled as WU Shock for a little while.

Edit- I now see it has been mentioned.
                            Saw both commercials, really pretty funny and well done. Ron seems to be a natural, and Fred held his own. Evan will get the supporting Oscar.

Comment

I like Evan the best actually. He's the junk yard dog of commercials too.
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

I saw a couple of the Facebook postings of these commercials. There were actually people concerned that the guys screwed up and are now ineligible with the NCAA because of appearing in these commercials.

Attached Files
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X