A
    A-
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

C
      A
      A-

Shooting D

We basically showed up late for class, showed up everyday after, did good on the mid term, but bricked (literally) the essay portion of the final.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Rough season albeit successful due to the determination and grit from Coach Marshall, assistant coaches and all the players.

Let's see...we had news from Cleanthony being shot to Antoine's house being burnt down to Fred's hammy all before the season even really got started.

Then we had what felt like nightly beat downs of Valley foes by what seemed like 20 points to once again be forced to participate in the Elgin induced "get me two teams from my conference to the NCAA tourney" trip that sent the Shockers down the traveling-scheduling abyss known as the play-in round.

All in all...I give the grade of A+!!! Against a lot of odds...we were 1 game away from another Sweet-16. We'll done Shockers! Well done!
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
          Rough season albeit successful due to the determination and grit from Coach Marshall, assistant coaches and all the players.

Let's see...we had news from Cleanthony being shot to Antoine's house being burnt down to Fred's hammy all before the season even really got started.

Then we had what felt like nightly beat downs of Valley foes by what seemed like 20 points to once again be forced to participate in the Elgin induced "get me two teams from my conference to the NCAA tourney" trip that sent the Shockers down the traveling-scheduling abyss known as the play-in round.

All in all...I give the grade of A+!!! Against a lot of odds...we were 1 game away from another Sweet-16. We'll done Shockers! Well done!

I'd concur that the performance rates an A-something overall, but I'd probably give an A-, but isn't it great to see grades of Bs and Cs assessed to a team that WON the Valley season and WON two games in the NCAA? Just think about that for a few minutes, days, weeks months as we approach next year.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
          X