Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABC way to early top 25

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/duke-he...ry?id=38153203 Were not there
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
    That's going to be a common theme until someone (several someones) prove that they can step in and keep the ball rolling.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
      That's going to be a common theme until someone (several someones) prove that they can step in and keep the ball rolling.
      This.

Our most proven returning commodity (Shaq) is widely known for his inconsistency. We all believe Brown, Mcduffie, Shamet, Frankamp, and others can take big steps forward, but that is far from a certainty. There are a lot of questions surrounding the team and it's perfectly acceptable for WSU not to be in people's top 25.

I do believe we definitely could be a top 25 team if guys step up. I can also see a just as likely scenario where WSU is sitting at 19-11 going into the MVC tourney needing to win it to get in the big dance.
      Last edited by Jhook89; April 6, 2016, 11:40 AM.

Comment

The more under the radar this team is to start the season, the better off things will be. There isn't nearly as much pressure on a young group when the expectations aren't nearly as high as they have been.

These lists, minus WSU, are a good thing

Comment

I believe we will need time to grow next year. My expectations are that we will need to win the Valley tourney to make it into the NCAA Tournament. I think we'll still win 20+ games but we will experience enough growing pains to keep us from being an at-large team. We could be this years version of UNI.

Comment

For reference:

2012-2013 way too early top 25 (just going off the first four I see):
            ESPN: N/A
            NBC: N/A
            TheBigLead: N/A
            TheSportsBank: N/A

2013-2014:
            ESPN: 11
            CBS: 25
            Yahoo: N/A (in others to watch)
            USAToday: 11

2014-2015:
            ESPN; 5
            USAToday: 10
            CBS: 8
            SI: 12

2015-2016:
            ESPN: 11
            USAToday: 13
            SI: 14
            SBNation: 24

Take that information however you want.

Comment

I always love the UCLA pre pre-season love affair every year.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I think the summer trip will be huge for these young guys. I also think we will win 20+ games and at a minimum be on the tourney bubble going into the MVC tourney. A lot will depend on Atlantis. Win a couple there and distance ourselves from the rest of the Valley and we'd have a pretty good resume. Too may hick-ups along the way and MVC will be win or NIT. (I know, Captain Obvious there)

Comment

We need two players to step up and take this team and lead it

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                    We need two players to step up and take this team and lead it
                    Shamet and .... ??? that's the question. My uneducated dartboard guess is Shamet and McDuffie.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      Shamet and .... ??? that's the question. My uneducated dartboard guess is Shamet and McDuffie.
                      This would be my guess as well, although there are other guys that may come on strong with the two alphas out of the house. I wouldn't be surprised if any one (or two) of Shaq, Zach, Conner, Rashard, hell, maybe even Daison and Darryl were to step up in a big way this year to lead along with Landry and Duff. I'd love to see Shaq treat a couple of guys like FVV treated him when he wasn't doing his job if they aren't doing theirs. That'd be pretty damn scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        Not enough. Need 4 players to be consistently good at an alk-conference level. Dont exoect in the beginning, but gotta have it down the stretch...
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I feel like this past season was our hiccup year & decent things happened. I think the summer tour will help propel us to a good start. I think there will be a losing streak somewhere, but we'll be there in the end. I can't predict the NCAA'S because of our tendency to be under-seeded
                          Phi Alpha

Comment

Working...
                          X