Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now that Loyola has been in the MVC a couple of years....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that Loyola has been in the MVC a couple of years....

Was thinking about the strength of the Valley, and at the time I'll admit I was on board with the MVC taking in Loyola, but I'm not so sure anymore. It seems like the MVC kind of made a desperate move and slummed it a bit when they grabbed the Ramblers. So far LU has been so-so at best, and it seems like the near future for the Ramblers is a lock for a lower level MVC team. I'm no Bluejay fan, but trading CU for LU has been a step in the wrong direction.

Loyola does not capture the Chicago media market, and it seems like it's barely a blip on the radar. Even when the Valley's best teams go into LU's Gentile Center, the attendance is pathetic. We hear all the time about LU's great resources, and that they are going to do big things in the MVC. Well, color this longtime MVC follower as skeptical to say the least.

Any thoughts on which teams could/should have been selected over the Ramblers?
    KEEP IT ROCKIN' VALLEY!!!!

Belmont or Murray State. One thing is for sure adding ORU would have been a bigger mistake than adding LUC.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Valpo

Comment

sidenote: did they not beat creighton this year?

Comment

No way was anybody gonna replace Creighton.

Comment

I don't think any collegiate team would "deliver" the Chicago market. It's a pro town. About all you can get is a "presence" which only gets you scraps of attention. However, is a scrap of attention in Chicago worth more than moderate attention in a smaller market. While I am not ready to pass judgement on Loyola just yet, their inability to put anyone in the stands is concerning.

Belmont is EU in a big city. They were a darling a couple years ago but they've shown nothing to me that indicates they will ever get anything but an automatic bid.

Valpo, maybe. They have shown that they can have repeated success.

Without having access to financial strengths, booster support, etc. it's difficult to identify other good candidates. I know one thing, a couple good basketball seasons does not mean a school is a good conference mate. Success on the court comes and goes.
            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I think LoChic will need to replace Moser if they are serious about becoming a nationally relevant basketball team again. I like Moser, but he's in the middle of a recruiting hotbed and should have them cranking by now. He's just not a top-50 coach.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I dunno, I think Loyola has embraced what being in the Valley is all about...
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                  I dunno, I think Loyola has embraced what being in the Valley is all about...
                  touche

Comment

Loyola is the quintessential dude who out kicked his coverage.
                    Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

It's a crap league. Only wsu and uni give it value.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
                        It's a crap league. Only wsu and uni give it value.
                        That is cyclic, but this has been a long cycle...when was the last time someone other than WSU or UNI was relevant? Bradley in 2006 I presume, and only for one year (sharing the stage with the Shockers). Before that was SIU.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          That is cyclic, but this has been a long cycle...when was the last time someone other than WSU or UNI was relevant? Bradley in 2006 I presume, and only for one year (sharing the stage with the Shockers). Before that was SIU.
                          SIU's run lasted through 2007 when they made the Sweet 16.
                          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                            SIU's run lasted through 2007 when they made the Sweet 16.
                            Thanks.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Every conference needs a road apple.

Comment

Working...
                              X