X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruited Guards Still At WSU Since RB and FVV

Landry Shamet

Peyton Allen gets a nod.

That's 2 in 3 years if you count a trfr who's never seen the court in a game at WSU.

The only returning guards we've got are Shamet and Frankamp. Shamet has played 3 d-1 games against weak competition, but looks like a special player. Frankamp hasn't shown what he did in HS to be highly rated.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Landry Shamet

Peyton Allen gets a nod.

That's 2 in 3 years if you count a trfr who's never seen the court in a game at WSU.

The only returning guards we've got are Shamet and Frankamp. Shamet has played 3 d-1 games against weak competition, but looks like a special player. Frankamp hasn't shown what he did in HS to be highly rated.
    Not seeing your point. It seems as if you are trying to put some super negative spin on having three returning guards instead of four. I don't get it.
    Livin the dream

Comment

OK. It should be early enough in the morning, but doesn't Frankamp count as a third in 3 years. Also, one cannot hold Bowles like other transfer outs.

Comment

Oh my god, Argh, I never thought of it that way.

This is unacceptable. FIRE COACH MARSHALL!

Comment

D.J. Bowles.
          Last edited by Cdizzle; April 1, 2016, 10:48 AM. Reason: Got my Bowles' mixed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            Denzel Bowles.
            ?

Comment

It's hard to call Frankamp recruited. He's not here because Marshall watched, evaluated, recruited, and signed him. He's here because he got mad at Bill Self. The evidence of a year and a half of walkon status is kind of a hint about how hard Marshall went after Frankamp.

The revolving door at the guard positions- and particularly PG - could be a problem next year. The Shox don't return anyone with more than isolated spot minutes at PG. Marshall was upset when he saw the roster when he got here. There was only one PG with any experience. That's more than he's got next year.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                ?
                Sorry, meant D.J. Bowles.

Comment

It's hard to call Frankamp recruited. He's not here because Marshall watched, evaluated, recruited, and signed him. He's here because he got mad at Bill Self. The evidence of a year and a half of walkon status is kind of a hint about how hard Marshall went after Frankamp.

The revolving door at the guard positions- and particularly PG - could be a problem next year. The Shox don't return anyone with more than isolated spot minutes at PG. Marshall was upset when he saw the roster when he got here. There was only one PG with any experience. That's more than he's got next year.
                  So what you're saying is to expect a 5th place finish in the Valley next year?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Really? CF just showed up and automatically was on the team. Yes, he may have asked to play for WSU. No, HCGM didn't said yes without checking the goods first. I'm guessing he also looked at him while he was in HS and had as much info on him as any recruit. Maybe he did sort of "fall in our lap", but losing DJ the way we did is the other end of the spectrum.

People, myself included, were wanting more 4 year players in the program. Finding and getting high quality HS PGs is not easy for most programs, even many P5 schools. The most likely "sure fire" ones are gone quickly. I seem to notice that even with a number of NCAA Dance teams (quality teams) this year, not having a quality PG was not uncommon. For Marshall, having a quality juco PG come in is less risky. HCGM has the benefit of seeing what the player can do at a higher level than HS. However, the downside is that you'll have them only 2 years and part of that time is the player learning the system. Therefore, more risk is taken to get that future high level PG out of HS and a lot more will be know after a year in WSU's system.

Comment

I don't really get the point of this.

Yep, we lack a deep stable of experienced guys at the 1 and 2 next year. We have a couple of pretty decent returning players at those spots, although there obviously will be some drop off from our AA back court of the last few years.

Isn't that kind of like noticing the sky is blue? Is there a newsflash that I'm missing?

Comment

Has the feeling of another April Fool's thread.

Comment

Thank goodness you're here to expose this awful situation. Surely your wisdom and uncanny observation will not go unnoticed.

btw, it should be noted that Frankamp had an assist to turnover ratio of almost 6 to 1. And in 579 minutes of play during the season he only turned the ball over 5 times. He fits our program because he values the same things that Coach values.

Comment

Hells bells - look at Iowa's pg situation. One of the best teams in the Big 10 and they can't find a point guard.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                              Really? CF just showed up and automatically was on the team. Yes, he may have asked to play for WSU. No, HCGM didn't said yes without checking the goods first. I'm guessing he also looked at him while he was in HS and had as much info on him as any recruit. Maybe he did sort of "fall in our lap", but losing DJ the way we did is the other end of the spectrum.

P
                              +1. Connor had to see WSU as a good fit and he also surely looked at the team's recent success and HCGM's ability developing players like FVV and RB. That is all part of recruiting.

And the idea that HCGM didn't recruit CF because he paid his own way is backwards. The excellent job HCGM did recruiting (surely along with home-field advantage) made CF choose WSU over decent places who offered.
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                              X