No announcement yet.

Ty Taylor is transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder if he was one Marshall wanted to red shirt but decided he didn't want to. Redshirt for Marshall or Basically red shirt for Marshall and then sit out a year.

Comment

I was hoping he was going to be the dead on shooter we were looking for. Best of luck Ty!
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Not hard to figure out.

Simple math actually. Five coming in and only 4 schollys available.

All part of big time D-1 basketball. Players come and go. Some just stay longer than others, based on performance and fit.

By the way, the situation is fluid and recruiting continues.

That is all.
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

So where does HCGM look next? Possibility Reaves still heads to Sunrise and we have another open scholly

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
            So the Shocks are now back to thirteen for next year, incliuding Reaves, who has been described as a one-time pass-first facilitator / distributor who grew several inches into a different role. We'll see how that plays out.
            Doesn't rule out the possibility that 3G is still on the prowl for another big man, preferably with some rim protection skills, to go along with Shaq and give him more flexibility with Willis in which case Austin may still end up at Sunrise for a year. Seems like 3G is still shaving.

Comment

Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
              So where does HCGM look next? Possibility Reaves still heads to Sunrise and we have another open scholly
              Probably for a big man .. Guards are still pretty loaded next year even without Reaves. I also haven't seen confirmation that Frankamp or Allen will receive scholarships. I'm 99% sure Allen will, but would not be surprised if Frankamp might have lost that option due to his DUI. This is this speculating, and by no means saying he should or shouldn't receive one. Just saying I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol skool View Post
                I agree totally.
                Now along come Reaves I know he's described as a past first point guard but all we see is scoring. And as an underclassman I read that his main job was to get it to his older brother. Home grown chemistry?
                Im hoping for the best.

Comment

NM
                  Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Classy mature tweet from TT! Best of luck to the young man!

My opinion you have to scholarship Conner. It would just be weird for him if not on scholly. Seems like not being a scholarship player would just mess with a kids head.

So if Conner joins the scholarship ranks...does that leave us open for just 1 or 2 to add for next fall?

Come on coach get us a rim protector that can score!!!!!!
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                      Classy mature tweet from TT! Best of luck to the young man!

My opinion you have to scholarship Conner. It would just be weird for him if not on scholly. Seems like not being a scholarship player would just mess with a kids head.

So if Conner joins the scholarship ranks...does that leave us open for just 1 or 2 to add for next fall?

Come on coach get us a rim protector that can score!!!!!!
                      IMO all 13 scholarships are taken; to add another big to the Shocker roster IMO would require either RN or EH to transfer. But are you not describing EH - a rim protector who can score?

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                        I was a skeptic from the start, nevertheless, I hope he finds the right program and has a
                        good career. He has an abundance of physical ability but just didn't seem to grasp what it
                        takes to play point mentally. I suggested that both he and EH would transfer at the end of
                        last year. Half right now. EH has all the physical ability also but that was not what kept him
                        off the floor. Hope I am wrong about him and he turns out to be an absolute stud, but he has
                        a lot of competition with Willis, RK, MM, RN etc
                        No offense to Ty but there are a lot of 6'2 guards in this world. At 6'8, Hamilton has already shown a knack for finishing around the rim and rebounding in traffic. Add the ability to step out and shoot the three and that's someone I give more time to develop as long as he works hard, is coachable, and isn't doing knuckle headed things on or off the court.

But I'm not the coach. I don't see these guys everyday in practice. All I have to go on is the limited game time they see.

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                          No offense to Ty but there are a lot of 6'2 guards in this world. At 6'8, Hamilton has already shown a knack for finishing around the rim and rebounding in traffic. Add the ability to step out and shoot the three and that's someone I give more time to develop as long as he works hard, is coachable, and isn't doing knuckle headed things on or off the court.

But I'm not the coach. I don't see these guys everyday in practice. All I have to go on is the limited game time they see.
                          Agreed. Many T2's out there. Few EH's.
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I think EH has the makings of a very good PF offensively. I think he rebounds well. I watched him
                            closely and IMHO it was his defense that limited his playing time. Either his recognition of what his
                            man was going to do was slow or his first step to defend was slow. If he can learn to be a good low
                            post defender and anticipate his mans moves better I think he could have a very high ceiling. Hope the
                            light comes on defensively for him next year as we could sure use his athleticism around the rim.

Comment

Shaq posted an interesting tweet as well. Not that I'm implying he in anyway is leaving, sounds like a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                                Shaq posted an interesting tweet as well. Not that I'm implying he in anyway is leaving, sounds like a lot of behind the scenes stuff going on.
                                That tweet was 10 days ago. Who knows what he was referring to? Could be about anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X