Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ty Taylor is transferring

Ty is out per his twitter

Unfortunate. I certainly had high hopes for him, but sometimes it just doesn't work out. Seems like a good kid from a good family; I'm confident he'll do well wherever he decides to go.
    Attached Files
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      Sad news; wish TT all the best with his new school and team!

Comment

Dang, I had high hopes for Ty.

Comment

Have a feeling he will do great things where ever he goes. I just don't think he saw playing time with the people ahead of him.

Comment

If true, not surprising. Sometimes things just don't fit quite right. I am, however, quite confident that Taylor will be a major contributor in the right program. He definitely has some skills.

Comment

Ty is a very talented basketball player. But you can kind of see it just wasnt going to work here. Maybe it could have down the road, but that was going to be a very long road.
              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I think he can become a very productive player once he receives some consistent playing time, which he clearly didn't think would happen soon at WSU. Good luck to him in the future wherever he lands

Comment

Best of luck to Ty! I have no doubt that he is going to be successful wherever he ends up.

Comment

Originally posted by DPruett2333 View Post
                    Dang, I had high hopes for Ty.
                    I second that. Was excited to have two KC kids on the team. Maybe he winds up at UMKC. If he does, I might have to get some season tickets.
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Best of luck to Ty. I think he's a great kid, and hope to see him do great things. In my view (which isn't worth much), he will probably fit in better at a school that plays an offense more like Maryland, where his main goal is to be a score first point guard. I'm in no way comparing talent, but he seems to me to fit the Melo mold (minus the turnovers and with more defensive effort) more closely than the FVV mold. I have no doubt he will be successful wherever he ends up even if for no other reason than his desire to be great.
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

This confirms it again, that HCGM can count
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

That confirms that if you find yourself stuck at the end of bench not finding hardly any valuable minutes, and your position has a long line with the coach actively still recruiting it, then you might be transferring

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                            That confirms that if you find yourself stuck at the end of bench not finding hardly any valuable minutes, and your position has a long line with the coach actively still recruiting it, then you might be transferring
                            I agree but I got a feeling that we let a good one get away.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                              Best of luck to Ty. I think he's a great kid, and hope to see him do great things. In my view (which isn't worth much), he will probably fit in better at a school that plays an offense more like Maryland, where his main goal is to be a score first point guard. I'm in no way comparing talent, but he seems to me to fit the Melo mold (minus the turnovers and with more defensive effort) more closely than the FVV mold. I have no doubt he will be successful wherever he ends up even if for no other reason than his desire to be great.
                              Although I totally agree with your post and I know there are some that get offended when people question HCGM, but I'd like to know why he is trying to recruit shoot-first point guards (like Ty and Corey Henderson). If he is trying to experiment to see if a shoot-first PG can be transformed into a pass-first PG, I'd like to see him abandon that project, as this is the second shoot-first he has recruited in two seasons where it has been suggested that they leave. And especially since things turned out fairly well for Corey. I don't think it's fair to the kids to set them up in a position where they face a substantial risk of failure. I totally understand and agree with him asking players to leave who don't quite measure up, but when you are recruiting the wrong type of athlete for your system, I don't understand why you even try to recruit a player who does not fit your system in the first place, as the kid will have to change substantially to fit your expectations.

I hope Ty becomes a great PG at another school and is an important asset for his team, in the mold of Jake White, Corey Henderson and some others (who were not all point guards).

Comment

Working...
                              X