What a great run!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a great run!!!

I wasn't sure how to go about posting this, or where to put it, but I really just wanted to extend my thanks and appreciation to Fred and Ron for allowing me to watch them grow and become great basketball players for the last four years. Every once in a while in the MVC, you get to watch players that just make you go "WOW!" virtually every night. Rarely, though, do those players do so with the class and humility that these two gentlemen have displayed. What these two guys have accomplished in their four years is nothing short of amazing, particularly because of the fact that they've basically shoved their team down the throats of the "powers that be" in the NCAA. The "big boys" tried to ignore them, but it just didn't work because of the work ethic, team-first attitude, and sheer determination of Ron and Fred and so many others. A great drum and bugle corps that I love has a saying that inspires them to MAKE the judges like their shows despite the fact that the corps plays classical music. That saying is "SUTA!" Which stands for "Shove it Up Their Ass!" That's what Fred, Ron, and company have done the last four years. And I've loved every minute of it!!!

I know that the success started before these guys, and likely will continue after they're gone. But these two deserve their own mention.

And I also want to thank those of you here at Shockernet for making me feel welcome! I know how, ahem, unwelcoming college team message boards can be, but you all have always treated me well. Thank you for that!

Next season will be upon us before we know it! Maybe my team will act like they've seen a basketball before and move up to challenge the Shockers. Yeah, I know, not likely, but never take away a man's hope - it may be all he has!!!

Happy off season to you all!!!

Originally posted by IndyTreeFan View Post
    Maybe my team will act like they've seen a basketball before and move up to challenge the Shockers. Yeah, I know, not likely, but never take away a man's hope - it may be all he has!!!

Happy off season to you all!!!
    Great post. BTW, your team didn't give up 14 pts in 44 seconds to loose the game did they? Naw, didn't think so. So there is always hope.

Comment

That would be Phantom Regiment! And they are from (where else?) Rockford, Illinois. SUTA indeed.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Phantom Regiment, my favorite drum corps! They have so many shows over the years that I love, but my favorite ending was the 2008 Spartacus show.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

It is a great run, tell you're friends it ain't over yet.

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
            It is a great run, tell you're friends it ain't over yet.
            Why...Baker and Van Vleet getting a 5th year? This post was about them....

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
              No. I'm just saying the run of the program is not over.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                Yeah I heard they both are transferring for a 5th year of college ball to K-State.
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                  Yeah I heard they both are transferring for a 5th year of college ball to K-State.
                  Aggieville would wet themselves

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                    Aggieville would wet themselves
                    Lol - yes they would.
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                    X