Rafters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rafters

I know it's early, two of the careers ended just two days ago, but does anyone know the waiting period? At KU it's 5 years after.

It'd be cool to do all 3 on the same night, but schedules, work, etc gets hard to line up.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

I have no idea if there's a rule like that here. But my thought is everyone knows we're going to hang their banners. Why wait?

Comment

Doubt you do all three on one night, because unless the third is Cle or Tekele, there will only be two.

Comment

And that's not too say I don't like or appreciate Evan, because I do, but there has to be more to the criteria than he was tough and scrappy...and had a career game against KU, although that helps.

Edit: just reread that you said two just finished their careers, so is Tekele your third? Idid mention him, but only to say he was more deserving than Evan, but still not likely in the rafters.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
          Doubt you do all three on one night, because unless the third is Cle or Tekele, there will only be two.
          My guess was HCGM for the third, but I was also confused.

Comment

Evan will not have his jersey retired at WSU.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

But I would put Cle up there potentially.

Comment

I think he meant the NCAA Tourney Banner, and Fred and Ron Banners. Total:3
                Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Cle is like Cliff Levingston. It may take some time, but he needs to be up there.

Comment

Originally posted by shockrah View Post
                    I think he meant the NCAA Tourney Banner, and Fred and Ron Banners. Total:3
                    Ah. That's what happens when I assume.

Comment

Schedule the jersey to the rafters ceremony NEXT SEASON before a big home game!!! Get that blood boiling for ShockerNation and the players!!!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Fred, Ron & Gregg all deserve to hang somehow from the rafters, Cle & Tekele are hof. Tekele is still tied w/ Fred for all time wins. Now, as for Sports Center top 10's, they should call it the Tekele Cotton plays of the day.
                        Phi Alpha

Comment

Cle is the third I was referring to.

It'd be a travesty for him to not have his jersey retired.

You can make the case for Tekele, and it's a strong case, but those three have the best case.
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

1)Fred & Ron
                            1A) Cle
                            The Assman

Comment

They presented the Bookends with their banners on their senior night. I'm guessing it will happen on the rewards night here in a week or two. I could also see it happening at the first home game when they drop the NCAA banner. Of course, the best time to drop a banner is shocker madness, providing they do it on a Friday night or Saturday with a month+ notice in advance. Too bad that is just too much to ask.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                              X