• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You Fred and Ron

That is all.
    The Assman

Second!

Comment

They were Bookend All American Guards that Danced thrice plus 1. They will never be forgotten and were as classy off the court as on the court. Also, a shout out to our other 3 Seniors. We wish the Lord's very best to all 5 of you in all you do. The memories y'all left us will be treasured and forever cherished. My Grandkids are already getting an ear full about our beloved Shocks and this must and will continue. Shockers forever, forever Shockers!!!!!!!!!!!
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

And Evan and Anton and Bush.
        "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

121-24 over four years. 105-15 in games where Ron and Fred both played. 9-4 in the NCAA. WSU had 8 NCAA wins all-time before these guys came along. And please, let's include Evan. Thanks, guys!

Comment

Quite an NCAA tournament run - VCU, Pittsburgh, Gonzaga, Lasalle, Ohio State, Louisville, 16 seed, Kentucky, Indiana, KU, Notre Dame, Vanderbelt, Arizona, and Miami. These two guys played in all but one of those. Pretty crazy on a number of levels.

I would have thought we would get a couple more cupcake games, but that was a lot of fun, stress, and excitement.

Comment

What a ride

Comment

Here is what I know about this group of Seniors and it manifested on Senior night. This group had to be my favorite Senior Class ever as a Shocker fan because their last home game at 21st. and Hillside, I struggled turning off the faucet in the eye sockets. Just think, we lose the Loyola battle, we would have had some more home games. 9-NCAA wins the last 4 years and if I recall, we have Danced 5 Seasons in a row.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Kudos

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                  That is all.
                  I could not have said it better.

Well done.
                  Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Fred and Ron set the standard for this program going forward. The bar is set high.

Comment

Hope the marketing folks prepare a video to be shown in the future to all current and
                      soon to be Shocker players prior to games featuring RB/RVV/EW's and their hustle,
                      hard work and desire. They have left their prints on our program and won't be forgotten.
                      Having said that.........can't wait for midnight madness and the next great Shocker players.

Comment

A UNI Panther fan here. Simply wanted to register so I could send props to FVV and Baker. Two special players who I will sincerely miss watching play. As others have mentioned, they set the bar high, but I think WSU is at the point where they reload rather than rebuild, but damn, you don't replace guys like that. Helluva ride for them and Shocker Nation. Was pulling for the Shockers to grind out a W and they just about got it done and on short rest at that. They never quit, and I know that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone on here and anyone who pays attention to Shocker basketball.

Comment

The class and self-less style with which they handled their success on the court was legendary. That was enough, but the dedication in the classroom and to community service separates them from many other college stars. Thanks to all 5 Shocker Seniors!

Comment

Originally posted by Pantherpower View Post
                            A UNI Panther fan here. Simply wanted to register so I could send props to FVV and Baker. Two special players who I will sincerely miss watching play. As others have mentioned, they set the bar high, but I think WSU is at the point where they reload rather than rebuild, but damn, you don't replace guys like that. Helluva ride for them and Shocker Nation. Was pulling for the Shockers to grind out a W and they just about got it done and on short rest at that. They never quit, and I know that shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone on here and anyone who pays attention to Shocker basketball.
                            We will be rooting for you guys now to carry the Valley banner. What a tremendous shot to beat Texas last night; we jumped right out of our chairs. I still have a soft spot for UNI for beating KU that time, who just happens to be 1-4 in the tournament against the Valley. Good job to take out another over-rated Big 12 team. I don't say this often, but Go Panthers!

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO View Post
                              The class and self-less style with which they handled their success on the court was legendary. That was enough, but the dedication in the classroom and to community service separates them from many other college stars. Thanks to all 5 Shocker Seniors!
                              I will vouch for this as I witnessed it first hand after the WSU-UNI game in the McLeod Center during the 2014-15 season. My 11 year old son and I were in the tunnel area of McLeod after the game and Ron was getting ready to get on the bus with his teammates and my son told him he liked the way he plays. Ron came over and chatted with him for a bit and posed for a couple of photos. Beyond classy to do this on his part. Funny thing--he grew quite the "Baker Hairdo" in the weeks following that encounter!
                              Last edited by Pantherpower; March 19, 2016, 03:08 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Working...
                              X