Adam Liberty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Liberty

I went to the ORU/Pitt game here in Denver and it was a pleasant surprise to see Adam Liberty play (I completely forgot he transfered there). Even though the end result was a blowout, the beginning of the game was full of energy and ORU was taking it to Pitt, which a lot had to do with Adam Liberty. Unfortunately, Liberty got two quick fouls and was benched and honestly this was the momentum breaker. With Adam on the bench, you could tell ORU was at a lost and Pitt took over and never looked back.

Here's my lasting memory of Adam Liberty.......

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"

Comment

How old is he now? 35? Interesting to hear he had one more year left. For some reason I thought he was a senior last year.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxCO94
        How old is he now? 35? Interesting to hear he had one more year left. For some reason I thought he was a senior last year.
        He was in the same class as PJ

Comment

i think he saw the writing on the wall when matt came and decided he had a better chance else where

Comment

Originally posted by cantwaitforrecruits08
            i think he saw the writing on the wall when matt came and decided he had a better chance else where
            Let's see...we couldn't have used a 6'2" athletic point who didn't turn it over? In retrospect would you have traded Ad Lib for Ogirri? How about Jared Young? How about Gal Mekel? Wendell Preadom?
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I would have traded Jared Young...obviously. And I would have traded Preadom not so obviously.

Comment

Well Liberty would have been finished last year if he had stayed. I don't think his game was a good fit with Turgeon's system. He would have been at best third of the depth chart last year behind Matt and KBrad at PG. He didn't really appear to have the skill set for SG or SF. Even if he was a better player than JY and WP it doesn't matter. He wasn't going to accept the role he was going to be forced into and went a school that his skills were a better fit for their system. I'm glad for the success that he found at ORU, but it doesn't affect what his results would have been at WSU, third string PG. Might come off as a little harsh but that's the way I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
                  Originally posted by cantwaitforrecruits08
                  Let's see...we couldn't have used a 6'2" athletic point who didn't turn it over? In retrospect would you have traded Ad Lib for Ogirri? How about Jared Young? How about Gal Mekel? Wendell Preadom?
                  matts got better ballhandling and has awesome vision, plus the leadership skills...yeah, being athletic is important but there are other things besides that if you wanna be a good point guard

Comment

Liberty was, and still is, a pretty good player and without question would have been an asset to the program had he stayed. He chose to leave. Too bad.

Comment

I think Liberty would have started his last two years. I think he just wanted to be more of a focus of the team than the guy who fed it to Miller, Ogirri, Cooz, Wilson, etc. I know MT was disappointed when he left.
                      Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

MT didn't seem to give his PGs much freedom to create in the half-court offense. I don't think that sat very well with AL, thus the transfer. He definitely would have been a contributer for us.

Comment

I always liked AdLib and am glad he had some success at ORU. Turgeon did hold the PG back and that definitely didn't sit well with Adam. And who can blame him. He definitely would have been a nice contributor though.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

One of Adam's major drawbacks while playing for us was his almost total lack of scoring. As a starter, there were numerous games where he scored 0 - 1- or 2 points. Whether it was MT's system or what, Adam seemed to lack confidence in the offensive part of his game.

Unless your PG is dishing out one hellava lot of assists (which he wasn't), you have to have at least some scoring production, otherwise your scorers are more frequently going to be double teamed.

Comment

Adam was very athletic, but did not show it on most occasions. I don't know if it was because of Turgeon's system or not. He was hesitant to go offensive most of the time, but you could see the potential that never got to be developed.

We have got to have more players, preferably the guards, that can create off the dribble, whether a diversion for a dish, or to penatrate to the basket.
                              Matt was good, Gal creates motion, but half of it did not have good results.
                              I attribute that to a 'learning curve' for American ball.

Our guards have been indecisive at times, and sometimes, I think it is because of the ole 'work the ball around' attitude. Well working the ball around works best when players are getting open, and many times players can not get open when defense is set, unless they are moving. Many times I have watched 2 players on our team moving while the other 3 stood there, with a 'deer in the headlight' effect.

And, then, we do not change the offensive strategy, just keep trying the same ole thing that isn't working, instead of having players create something. Coach knows he needs more creators, that is why he is heavy on guards for our team. To make my point, look at K-State's loss, Beasley and Walker can not do it all the time against a solid team like Wisconsin.
                              The lack of play by the guards, for most of the game, is what lost that game, that and they couldn't hit an outside shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X