Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Shockers were the #1 rated sports program on cable tv last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shockers were the #1 rated sports program on cable tv last night.

I think it is unusual for a game on TRU TV to top the cable sports world. http://sportstvratings.com/vanderbil...-15-2016/4679/

The Shocker game had almost twice as many viewers as the 2nd highest rated show (Ohio St game on ESPN).
    Last edited by shocker3; March 16, 2016, 11:12 PM.

Wonder why? :)

P.S. Don't recall seeing this video before; could have just missed it...it's well done and I love the music.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

That may shed a little light on why the media pundits seemed to want to make the Shockers out to be somewhat of a controversial team this year. Nah, they wouldn't do that would they?

Comment

Wasn't much competition last night...
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

But.............

I thought no one outside Wichita cared about WSU?!?!?!?!
          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
            Wasn't much competition last night...
            Maybe that is an advantage of being in the First Four. Even so, our game had more than 220% of the number of viewers as the other First Four game had on the same night.
            Last edited by shocker3; March 17, 2016, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

P.S. Don't recall seeing this video before; could have just missed it...it's well done and I love the music.
              I can't believe I've never seen that before. That is the perfect highlight cut of this era of Shocker Basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                I can't believe I've never seen that before. That is the perfect highlight cut of this era of Shocker Basketball.
                I hope everyone takes 6 minutes to watch it. Goose (Chill) bump city! :)

Comment

Made me miss Tekele alot

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                    Maybe that is an advantage of being in the First Four. Even so, our game had more than 220% of the number of viewers as the other First Four game had on the same night.
                    I guess we can't know for sure until we see the ratings for the 2 games last night, but I expect that Tulsa/Michigan dominated Holy Cross and Southern. I agree WSU might provide a slight bump to first four ratings, but I really doubt their presence added any significant number of viewers over what Syracuse, or Oregon State, or even Monmouth would have had in their place. I think lack of competition on Tuesday night, both from other sports, the NIT, and even the other Dayton game, is the biggest reason the WSU/Vandy game led the way it did.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                      I think it is unusual for a game on TRU TV to top the cable sports world. http://sportstvratings.com/vanderbil...-15-2016/4679/

The Shocker game had almost twice as many viewers as the 2nd highest rated show (Ohio St game on ESPN).
                      Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                      I guess we can't know for sure until we see the ratings for the 2 games last night, but I expect that Tulsa/Michigan dominated Holy Cross and Southern. I agree WSU might provide a slight bump to first four ratings, but I really doubt their presence added any significant number of viewers over what Syracuse, or Oregon State, or even Monmouth would have had in their place. I think lack of competition on Tuesday night, both from other sports, the NIT, and even the other Dayton game, is the biggest reason the WSU/Vandy game led the way it did.
                      Regardless of the reasons, it's still pretty impressive to see those kind of numbers on TruTV; I had to search to find TruTV. :)

Comment

Regardless of the reasons, it's still pretty impressive to see those kind of numbers on TruTV; I had to search to find TruTV. :)
                        That is exactly what I thought. ESPN usually dominates the cable sports ratings. And of course, commercial TV (CBS) does well too. But TruTV? I had never even heard of it until a couple of years ago when they started doing NCAA Tournament games.

Comment

Creighton finally plays ball on a real network and they were dominated by WSU again?

Sour luck Jays. :(
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                            Made me miss Tekele alot
                            And Cle

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                              New ratings are now available.

Michigan / Tulsa - 2.16 million
                              Holy Cross / Southern - 912k

WSU / Vandy - 1.51 million
                              FGCU / Fairleigh Dickinson - 683k

The narrative that WSU drove ratings higher due to their involvement seems to be lacking evidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X