Stallings Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stallings Tech

Anybody know what he said to get that t? We could see him screaming on the tube but couldn't tell what he was yelling about. Must have been nasty though; didn't take ref long to make the motion.
    "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

It puts the lotion in the basket

Comment

I think it was his position, not what he said. He went around the corner and was 3 feet down the baseline yelling at the ref underneath. The ref on the sidelines called the t.
      I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerInKC View Post
        I think it was his position, not what he said. He went around the corner and was 3 feet down the baseline yelling at the ref underneath. The ref on the sidelines called the t.
        So did the ref on the baseline.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerInKC View Post
          Yelling? I'd call it going borderline ballistic.

A great coaching maneuver to cap off a great coaching night by Mr. Stallings.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Honestly, although I think it was horrible timing, I wouldn't be surprised if he was trying to "get his guys fired up" by getting that T. He just sucks at it.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
              Honestly, although I think it was horrible timing, I wouldn't be surprised if he was trying to "get his guys fired up" by getting that T. He just sucks at it.
              Ironically, vandy basically quit after that haha. It's rare to see a team just give up, but I got that impression. Maybe they were just sleepy like Oubre was last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
                Anybody know what he said to get that t? We could see him screaming on the tube but couldn't tell what he was yelling about. Must have been nasty though; didn't take ref long to make the motion.
                I didn't record and can't verify, but if memory serves that was very soon after the blown offensive interference call on Markis.

I felt like there were makeup calls on both ends right after that, but Stallings got the T anyway. Seems like it backfired - I agree with whoever said they gave up after that.

Comment

I think he probably asked the ref if he could get Higgins phone number cause he needs a sponsor for the hair club for men.

That will get you a T everytime.

Comment

The T was after Rauno's block when Stallings thought there should have been a foul (Nurger's arms came "down" on the block and a foul wouldn't have been a horrible call...bad yes but not horrible). WSU went down and scored and I think Stallings knew the game was over.

The 'Dores were done, but there was too much time imho to quit there by getting the T.

Perhaps @ShockRef: will confirm or provide a better explanation, but the ref on the baseline seemed to be wearing it to me. As if "yeah, could have been a foul, so I'm going to let you vent here".

However the trail, who I think was the R, finally said "hey, enough is enough. You're getting T'd for abuse." The lead, the guy getting the earful, didn't call the T, but when the T was called, he motioned for the T as well, as if to say he agreed.

My point being, I don't think the lead was going to call it unless Stallings got a lot worse (and he was out of line without question already). However the trail was more like "my guy HAS to T him up here. Since he won't, I'm going to. Stallings is completely out of line."

Comment

When I saw this thread title, I thought they had renamed Vanderbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        When I saw this thread title, I thought they had renamed Vanderbilt.
                        That's funny right there.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          The T was after Rauno's block when Stallings thought there should have been a foul (Nurger's arms came "down" on the block and a foul wouldn't have been a horrible call...bad yes but not horrible). WSU went down and scored and I think Stallings knew the game was over.

The 'Dores were done, but there was too much time imho to quit there by getting the T.

Perhaps @ShockRef: will confirm or provide a better explanation, but the ref on the baseline seemed to be wearing it to me. As if "yeah, could have been a foul, so I'm going to let you vent here".

However the trail, who I think was the R, finally said "hey, enough is enough. You're getting T'd for abuse." The lead, the guy getting the earful, didn't call the T, but when the T was called, he motioned for the T as well, as if to say he agreed.

My point being, I don't think the lead was going to call it unless Stallings got a lot worse (and he was out of line without question already). However the trail was more like "my guy HAS to T him up here. Since he won't, I'm going to. Stallings is completely out of line."
                          To add insult to injury, while he's barking at the stripes his guy is getting fouled going to the bucket which would have given him stoppage in play to rip into the officials.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                            To add insult to injury, while he's barking at the stripes his guy is getting fouled going to the bucket which would have given him stoppage in play to rip into the officials.
                            Not to mention a made shot and 1.

Comment

Working...
                            X