Seth Davis's 2016 Bracket Busters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seth Davis's 2016 Bracket Busters

Seth Davis's 2016 Bracket Busters picks for this year. He has three teams he considers as having the ability to bust your bracket. One of those teams you might be a little familiar with this year, and strange he would pick them, even though this team was his 2nd to last team in this year.

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
    and strange he would pick them, even though this team was his 2nd to last team in this year.
    Isn't the point of most bracketology to predict the committee, not to voice your own opinion? I think SD could very well be high on all of these teams while still having them low in his bracket.

Comment

I think shockerpower Is SD. :)
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Don't let Mounds Davis fool you (I call him Mounds because Almond Joy's got nuts, Mounds don't). He is simply covering his butt in case WSU wins a few games. He has never had any respect for the Shox because he doesn't want any Kansas team taking spotlight from his beloved Chicken Hawks.
        If Mounds had his way, the NCAA Tournament would be the Big 12 Invitational with all #1 and #2 seeds going to Big 12 teams. I would like to kick him square in the grapes if he had any.
        Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

I've heard that can be very painful.

Comment

These yahoos will say anything for any reason: they climb on the most recent bandwagon when it suits them, then they'll buck the flow just to be controversial...anything that they think might give them a bit of attention or notoriety.
            "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

Originally posted by double dribble View Post
              Don't let Mounds Davis fool you (I call him Mounds because Almond Joy's got nuts, Mounds don't). He is simply covering his butt in case WSU wins a few games. He has never had any respect for the Shox because he doesn't want any Kansas team taking spotlight from his beloved Chicken Hawks.
              If Mounds had his way, the NCAA Tournament would be the Big 12 Invitational with all #1 and #2 seeds going to Big 12 teams. I would like to kick him square in the grapes if he had any.
              Seth Davis was born in Connecticut and attended Duke. But okay.

I swear, the inferiority complex on here with some of y'all is crazy.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Davis gave us the benefit of the doubt until we lost to ISU and UNI in the same week...then he considered us dead and buried

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

The criticism of him is fair considering he had us NIT bound last week and was actually running around saying Monmouth and Valpo's resumes were better than ours. He was proven wrong. He deserves crow.

SaveFaceFest '16
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I too, find it a little tiring that media folks that didn't want WSU in the field now have them pegged as an under-seeded, underrated, sleeper.

Outside of literally going undefeated, it's the same crap every year. Even that year, Davis set (and then broke) a 'cap' on how high he would rank WSU.

Media matters. They can influence everything from the selection committee's perception of a team, to an 10-year-old future All-American's impression of a program.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      The criticism of him is fair considering he had us NIT bound last week and was actually running around saying Monmouth and Valpo's resumes were better than ours. He was proven wrong. He deserves crow.

SaveFaceFest '16
                      That's fair. Although I feel like evaluating resumes vs. talent is different. But that's another rabbit hole we've already gone down in the Jay Bilas thread haha.

The real crime is that Davis peddles his mother's supposed "cures" for cancer: http://regressing.deadspin.com/seth-...res-1679506878
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Agree 100%. Seth Davis was not with us this year, but has been a proponent in the past.

Comment

Seth has had a weird year with WSU. Shockers lose to Illinois State and he bumps us up from 17 in his AP poll to 13. WSU loses to UNI and he drops them out completely and then after losing to UNI in the MVC Tournament said WSU wasn't likely to get in the tournament.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

If memory serves me correctly, KU lost two or three times last year and Mounds still voted them the exact same spot in the ranking after each loss. And listening to him gush over all the Big 12 schools during the selection show made me want to kick him square in the grapes. (Yes, that can be very painful).
                            These BCS conference jock sniffers love to talk about how it just shows how tough the big conference grind is when teams like KU lose to unranked Big 12 opponents on the road. Then when WSU loses to unranked conference opponents on the road, its not because the conference is tough and its a grind to win conference on the road, no, instead its well, they just aren't as good as people thought.
                            Kick 'em square in the grapes! (that can be very painful)

Comment

Working...
                            X