Dayton Logistics (From a Local)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dayton Logistics (From a Local)

Living in the Dayton area I thought I would offer some "tips" for those coming over.

1. The arena is a neat venue -- honestly there are few if any bad seats there. And it can get LOUD!
    2. Traffic can be slow getting into the arena. It is located just off I75 but it gets bogged down. If you want to see the 16 seeds play, I would recommend getting to the arena between 5:30 and 6:00 for the 6:40 start to avoid traffic. If that game doesn't matter to you then wait until about 7:30.
    3. Speaking of the 16 seed game -- it is clearly lower-caliber basketball, but it is fun to watch because they give it 100% the whole time.
    4. If you are planning to eat before -- -there isn't much at the exit by the arena (Exit 51) -- I would recommend stopping at Exit 59 where there are several chain and local restaurants to choose from. That is the first exit after you go from 70E onto 75S. There are also hotels here and it is a nice area of Dayton.

Any other questions feel free to ask!

Originally posted by mjdooley View Post
    Living in the Dayton area I thought I would offer some "tips" for those coming over.

1. The arena is a neat venue -- honestly there are few if any bad seats there. And it can get LOUD!
    2. Traffic can be slow getting into the arena. It is located just off I75 but it gets bogged down. If you want to see the 16 seeds play, I would recommend getting to the arena between 5:30 and 6:00 for the 6:40 start to avoid traffic. If that game doesn't matter to you then wait until about 7:30.
    3. Speaking of the 16 seed game -- it is clearly lower-caliber basketball, but it is fun to watch because they give it 100% the whole time.
    4. If you are planning to eat before -- -there isn't much at the exit by the arena (Exit 51) -- I would recommend stopping at Exit 59 where there are several chain and local restaurants to choose from. That is the first exit after you go from 70E onto 75S. There are also hotels here and it is a nice area of Dayton.

Any other questions feel free to ask!
    I saw another thread that mentioned airport to the arena was 30 minutes but I would say closer to 15 with no traffic. And the hotels/restaurants at Exit 59 are 5 minutes from the airport. If you happen to be flying back home Wed morning this will help you miss all Dayton traffic that you would hit staying south of town.

Comment

Originally posted by mjdooley View Post
      I saw another thread that mentioned airport to the arena was 30 minutes but I would say closer to 15 with no traffic. And the hotels/restaurants at Exit 59 are 5 minutes from the airport. If you happen to be flying back home Wed morning this will help you miss all Dayton traffic that you would hit staying south of town.
      15 minutes from the airport to UD Arena? Uh, Ok.

Keep in mind I-75 runs right through the middle of downtown Dayton and is currently undergoing major construction.
      They have shifted the Northbound lanes (only 2 of 3) to the Southbound lanes. Its a nightly traffic headache and will be clogged (as it is every day) from 4:00 until 7:00 or so.

You get the idea. Leave extra time and hit the bathroom before heading down I-75.

That is all.
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Is anyone else making the trip?

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
          Is anyone else making the trip?
          Wife and I are driving up from Little Rock tomorrow

Comment

Waiting to board plane now. Wife couldn't get away from work for Dayton, but will meet in Providence.

For those going, where are you sitting? 310 row P here.

Comment

Section 206 here. In Terre Haute, or just passed. 60 miles to Indianapolis.
              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                Section 206 here. In Terre Haute, or just passed. 60 miles to Indianapolis.
                Not sure my wife got them online today but in a 300 section somewhere

Comment

Tip from someone who has been there: Try the Skyline Chili... then never try it again.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker_torero View Post
                    Tip from someone who has been there: Try the Skyline Chili... then never try it again.
                    "Ring of fire"?

We wanted to lay off metal for a bit so we wrote a love song about chili peppers. less Johnny, more Cash.Original song: https://youtu.be/It7107ELQvYSubscribe...
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      more like, "Plate of WTF"

Skyline Chili, Skyline, Cincinnati, Cincinnati style chili, chili, coneys, eating, 3 way, food, restaurant

Comment

I have 3 tickets to tomorrows games. message me if interested! Section 108 Row H. I think you will have a great time at UD Arena for all that are going. Good luck!!!!

Comment

Ok, so I'm making a last second decision and going...if anyone has an extra ticket for sale, let me know...if not, I'm getting online early tomorrow.
                          Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by daytongrl View Post
                            I have 3 tickets to tomorrows games. message me if interested! Section 108 Row H. I think you will have a great time at UD Arena for all that are going. Good luck!!!!
                            Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
                            Ok, so I'm making a last second decision and going...if anyone has an extra ticket for sale, let me know...if not, I'm getting online early tomorrow.
                            Thanks!
                            Ummm....maybe she'd sell you one of hers. Two is usually easier to get rid of than three.
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                              Ummm....maybe she'd sell you one of hers. Two is usually easier to get rid of than three.
                              Already checked on that... a little too rich for my blood!! :(

Comment

Working...
                              X