Around the Valley Post Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around the Valley Post Season

From Twitter UE declines participation in all 3 minor tourneys. That sucks for those kids. 2nd in the Valley, one shot from the dance, and nothing.

EVANSVILLE, Ind. – The best season in recent memory has come to an end for the University of Evansville men's basketball team.  With a record of 25-9, the Purple Aces were not invited to either the NCAA Tournament or the NIT.

Nothing for Drake, Loyola, Bradley, Indiana State and now Evansville.

WSU and UNI NCAA.

SIU, ISU and Missouri State...what say you?

Found the CBI, no Valley teams. Jake White began his career in the Final 4 and will end it in the CBI. Hope he has a huge tourney.

Would expect Cam Oliver to really dominate.

Comment

CIT and Vegas16 haven't been announced yet, best as I can tell.

Comment

I am really sad for Evansville. I like UNI, but knowing the way Evansville got beat out after such fine careers by Mock and Balentine is just sad. That loss had to have been miserable. I think UE could have held their own very well in the NIT. It's too bad really.

Comment

Quality of the CBI field has plummeted the last two years. Gone are the days when a Stanford, Colorado, Texas A&M, etc. would accept a bid. Looks like the Vegas 16 really hurt that one.

ISUr is in sorta-longshot territory for the Vegas 16 and won't play in the CIT. SIU also will not play in the CIT.

If tomorrow's Vegas 16 field has no MVC teams, it looks like it just us and UNI. That is remarkable (not in a good way).

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            CIT and Vegas16 haven't been announced yet, best as I can tell.
            Most (if not all) of the CIT has already been leaked and there weren't any Valley schools on it.

Edit: Guess the schedule has been released. http://www.midmajormadness.com/2016/...source=twitter

No Valley schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
              Quality of the CBI field has plummeted the last two years. Gone are the days when a Stanford, Colorado, Texas A&M, etc. would accept a bid. Looks like the Vegas 16 really hurt that one.

ISUr is in sorta-longshot territory for the Vegas 16 and won't play in the CIT. SIU also will not play in the CIT.

If tomorrow's Vegas 16 field has no MVC teams, it looks like it just us and UNI. That is remarkable (not in a good way).
              Twitter says the CIT field is named and I've seen some matchups but their site is awful. Vegas site is empty but that looks like a tourney with a payoff. Expect bigger named teams there.

Comment

CIT has some Gregg Marshall coaching tree entries.

Zach Spiker Head Coach Army. Matt Braeuer Assistant Coach Sam Houston State. Dana Ford Head Coach Tennessee State & Texas A&M CC Associate Head Coach Marty Gross.

Comment

Everything below the NIT is just garbage. They just need them. When you get to the point where nearly half of NCAA Division I schools are qualifying for postseason, it just become watered down and pointless. Yah, you can say they get extra practice time and more playing, but how well did that pay off for Evansville and Loyola, who both won these garbagefests last year?

Nobody cares. Nobody wants to pay to play in these. It's dumb. Just mercifully end it already.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Bad news for Evansville next year, Brozja was a solid player for them.

"Evansville junior Mislav Brzoja informed his coaches Thursday he will forego his final year of eligibility with the Aces to pursue a professional basketball career in Europe."

Comment

Originally posted by IdahoShocker View Post
                      Bad news for Evansville next year, Brozja was a solid player for them.

"Evansville junior Mislav Brzoja informed his coaches Thursday he will forego his final year of eligibility with the Aces to pursue a professional basketball career in Europe."

http://www.courierpress.com/sports/c...372483401.html
                      Honestly, I'd choose Europe over Evansville too.

Oh and this thread... *crickets*
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Honestly, I'd choose Europe over Evansville too.

Oh and this thread... *crickets*
                        Maybe they should have started him instead of Marty Jr.
                        Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Usually the overall college experience is worthwhile enough that average level Euros would rather finish college in the U.S. I guess the overall experience at Evansville isn't very compelling...even when you are going to be the best or one of the best returning players. This isn't Mock leaving early for a professional career that would no doubt be on the table, this is Brzoja, who may not have a whole lot in front of him.

I bet everyone in that locker room, coaches included, knows it's all over and next year is going to be a disaster. Brzoja needs to transfer to another D-1, not wash out of the Euro pros. Let that come later. Enjoy yourself in the U.S. at one of the other 150 D-1 schools who can use him. Oh well. What do I know...

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                            Usually the overall college experience is worthwhile enough that average level Euros would rather finish college in the U.S. I guess the overall experience at Evansville isn't very compelling...even when you are going to be the best or one of the best returning players. This isn't Mock leaving early for a professional career that would no doubt be on the table, this is Brzoja, who may not have a whole lot in front of him.

I bet everyone in that locker room, coaches included, knows it's all over and next year is going to be a disaster. Brzoja needs to transfer to another D-1, not wash out of the Euro pros. Let that come later. Enjoy yourself in the U.S. at one of the other 150 D-1 schools who can use him. Oh well. What do I know...
                            Brzoya spent 4 years in college and has graduated. Deciding to forego your 5th year of eligibility males sense when your career is back home.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                            X