Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like Phil Forte might be shopping...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Phil Forte might be shopping...

....interested?

I think there is a good chance he will be back at Oklahoma State. But if he does leave I am sure it will be to a team he thinks can make a deep run into the dance.

With Wichita State losing Fred, Ron, Evan and Anton to graduation I am not sure the Shockers will appeal to him that much even though we do have some good young talent.

From WSU's standpoint, with the guards we have in the fold I think if they were interested in going the graduate transfer route again it would be to secure the services of another solid post player and not another guard.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      I think there is a good chance he will be back at Oklahoma State. But if he does leave I am sure it will be to a team he thinks can make a deep run into the dance.

With Wichita State losing Fred, Ron, Evan and Anton to graduation I am not sure the Shockers will appeal to him that much even though we do have some good young talent.

From WSU's standpoint, with the guards we have in the fold I think if they were interested in going the graduate transfer route again it would be to secure the services of another solid post player and not another guard.
      Definitely not another small SG.

Comment

Any program that has an opportunity to get Forte & passes is simply idiotic!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerAlum93 View Post
          Maybe so, but we have at lot more questions at the 5, 4, and 1. So, if neither Shamet or Frankamp win the PG position or are a limited backup at best, do we just not play them much?

Last year (2014-15), Forte had a negative A/TO with 55 assists and 60 TOs. None of the Shocker guards had a negative A/TO and the most TOs any Shocker had was 48. He has great hands for getting steals and a very good outside shooter (great FT), but I don't believe he solves any problems for us.

Comment

ESPN is reporting that coach Ford at OK State is fired.

Comment

Originally posted by IdahoShocker View Post
              Would not be a surprise.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by IdahoShocker View Post
                Doug Gottlieb come on down!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerAlum93 View Post
                  You'd take him for a 1 year stint if he doesn't fill a glaring need? I'd say no.
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                    Just don't give the bastard a university issued credit card.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                      Haha! That's the tool that I want to be a big influence on my kid's future.
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Hire Doug, let's schedule a home and home and wipe the floor with his ass!

Comment

Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                          You'd take him for a 1 year stint if he doesn't fill a glaring need? I'd say no.
                          Concur with you.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                            Hire Doug, let's schedule a home and home and wipe the floor with his ass!
                            Well, the question is, would he be eager to play WSU because he doesn't believe they're "at this level," or would he be afraid to play them because, like his old fellow ex-Cowboy The Rug, he has "nothing to gain" from doing so? Either way, it might be amusing to see how Forte would react.

Oh, one other question about the old thief: does Gottlieb have his degree? Most schools expect that their coaches do -- not The Flagship when Ed Manning needed a job as an assistant, of course, but most reputable schools expect it.

Comment

who? is he supposed to be a big-12 hotshot that would average 20, 7 and 5 in the mvc, no doubt?

Comment

Working...
                              X