Life ain't easy for a boy named Sue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life ain't easy for a boy named Sue

After Saturday's loss I found myself (like most of you I imagine) pissed off and hating life a bit. I tried to sleep it off like a headache or bad hangover, but the wife wasn't having it and told me to get my candy ass out of bed because we we're doing dinner and a movie. I thought to myself that just may do the trick. Seeing a movie that the wife wants to see just may be be so unbearable that it just may get me to forget how bad the loss was.

We get to the movie, and the guy in front of me in the ticket line notices my shirt with a big WuShock on it and goes, "Hey, they lost today!" and proceeds to let out a giggle. I then found myself setting this guy on fire in my head. My wife instinctively knew that this was the absolute worst thing and the worst time that could be said to me. Knowing I'm DEFCON 2, She pinches my back, thus reminding me I'm trying to get right with the Lord.

Coming to my senses, I brushed it off with a "Heh heh, yeah UNI had their number today. Thanks for reminding me." This incident reminded me, we're a lot like a boy named Sue. We were left with a basketball, empty bottle of booze and stuck in the Valley.

"Experts" like those goons at CBS (Specifically Palm, Gottlieb) are going to throw out any stats or buzzwords to skew things to justify why WSU shouldn't be in the dance. The Shocks could literally sh*t gold and Palm would be on his twitter feed saying "Well, although it is gold for the most part, it contains 5% zinc." Did the Shocks get exposed a little and get dusted? Sure you bet. If Wessel and Brown had hit a couple of shots period, everybody would be singing a different tune.

With the last couple of seasons I think the world, and we as fans have had superhuman expectations when it comes to this team. With the perfection we have witnesssed past couple of years and with our two All-Americans being seniors it has only amplified. Fact is, the best of the best lose games. The true experts know this, and they know we don't have the luxury of racking up "quality losses" due to our league affiliation. This year has certainly been no exception. Although I don't believe there are really any moral victories in losing, I believe that an ass kicking (if you can call it that) will be great in waking this team up. We will be in the dance and will do some damage.

Actually,I slept like a baby; that's what a pint of whiskey will do!

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
      That's usually my favorite post-game loss routine lol.

Comment

I think that goes for us all..mine was multiple screwdrivers!!

Comment

I had a scalper talking **** after the WSU loss. I told him all the tickets they were now holding were worthless. I don't think he understood the theory of supply and demand and that WSU making the finals was a good thing for demand.
          Last edited by SB Shock; March 7, 2016, 03:43 PM. Reason: fixing typing from phone

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
            I had a scalper talking **** after the WSU loss. I told him he all the tickets they were no holding were worthless. I don't think he understood the theory of supply and demand and that WSU making the finals was a good thing for demand.
            But there may have been two or three more drive down from
            Cedar Falls
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              Cedar Falls
              Is that in... northern Iowa, or central Iowa? ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                After Saturday's loss I found myself (like most of you I imagine) pissed off and hating life a bit. I tried to sleep it off like a headache or bad hangover, but the wife wasn't having it and told me to get my candy ass out of bed because we we're doing dinner and a movie. I thought to myself that just may do the trick. Seeing a movie that the wife wants to see just may be be so unbearable that it just may get me to forget how bad the loss was.

We get to the movie, and the guy in front of me in the ticket line notices my shirt with a big WuShock on it and goes, "Hey, they lost today!" and proceeds to let out a giggle. I then found myself setting this guy on fire in my head. My wife instinctively knew that this was the absolute worst thing and the worst time that could be said to me. Knowing I'm DEFCON 2, She pinches my back, thus reminding me I'm trying to get right with the Lord.

Coming to my senses, I brushed it off with a "Heh heh, yeah UNI had their number today. Thanks for reminding me." This incident reminded me, we're a lot like a boy named Sue. We were left with a basketball, empty bottle of booze and stuck in the Valley.

"Experts" like those goons at CBS (Specifically Palm, Gottlieb) are going to throw out any stats or buzzwords to skew things to justify why WSU shouldn't be in the dance. The Shocks could literally sh*t gold and Palm would be on his twitter feed saying "Well, although it is gold for the most part, it contains 5% zinc." Did the Shocks get exposed a little and get dusted? Sure you bet. If Wessel and Brown had hit a couple of shots period, everybody would be singing a different tune.

With the last couple of seasons I think the world, and we as fans have had superhuman expectations when it comes to this team. With the perfection we have witnesssed past couple of years and with our two All-Americans being seniors it has only amplified. Fact is, the best of the best lose games. The true experts know this, and they know we don't have the luxury of racking up "quality losses" due to our league affiliation. This year has certainly been no exception. Although I don't believe there are really any moral victories in losing, I believe that an ass kicking (if you can call it that) will be great in waking this team up. We will be in the dance and will do some damage.
                RIP Johnny...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                  Cedar Falls
                  Curious but lazy. Anyone want to gather the numbers for yesterday's championship game attendance? Then compare it to 2014 championship game Wichita State played in?
                  I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                  If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

Originally posted by LandStander View Post
                    Curious but lazy. Anyone want to gather the numbers for yesterday's championship game attendance? Then compare it to 2014 championship game Wichita State played in?
                    Im sure the valley will count Paid attendance. But we know 75% of the paid attendance was on I70 by the time tip off started
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                      when I sleep like a baby, I wake up every 30 minutes crying!:)

Comment

Originally posted by LandStander View Post
                        2014 - 12,125
                        2016 - 9,765

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                          when I sleep like a baby, I wake up every 30 minutes crying!:)
                          well, I did that, too!

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            I had a scalper talking **** after the WSU loss. I told him all the tickets they were now holding were worthless. I don't think he understood the theory of supply and demand and that WSU making the finals was a good thing for demand.
                            Yeah there's no way he made money after that lol

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              RIP Johnny...

Johnny will always be man!

Comment

Working...
                              X