Whatever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Not picking on you @ShockerPhi:, but playing in St. Louis has nothing to do with it. The point of the video is not that we are awed by the facility, but that the dimensions of the court are the same as back home. Shocker fans travel extremely well to St. Louis (whether we like St Louis or not) and it's practically as good as a home court crowd. Moving to KC may get you more WSU fans, but it will also get you the same refs as St Louis. Playing in KC or elsewhere does not get WSU away from playing Valley teams that know them well and, if we should get into another conference, those teams will get to know WSU as well, too, and will do it with better coaches and players.

It's time that our National CoY, with or without AA players, nut up and play to the higher expectations/goals they seek when it comes to the MVC tourney. Don't kid yourself. Just as Valley teams get to know our weaknesses better with playing us often, so will any other conference, and so will other teams in the Dance as they see more and more of our tapes and now that we are no longer considered a flash in the pan.
    The video doesn't download on my mobile so what is your point? I hear the part about the fans being what's right with this program. What is the rest of your point?

Comment

Originally posted by kochHead View Post
      Also, I am sure if we would have won none of these posts would exist right now, but they are true none the less.
      The only year they've ever won it, was the 35-0 year with the underseeded Kentucky.

Where was that game played? You guess it.

As amazing as that game was; The curse lives on.
      The Assman

Comment

Our cab driver asked when Creightpn would play. When I told him they changed conference , he said that really hurts us, they drink a lot and need us
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Lol that's funny
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            The video doesn't download on my mobile so what is your point? I hear the part about the fans being what's right with this program. What is the rest of your point?
            Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
            The only year they've ever won it, was the 35-0 year with the underseeded Kentucky.

Where was that game played? You guess it.

As amazing as that game was; The curse lives on.
            That's my point. That thinking by anyone is BS and in jest, it's not funny. We played a great game against UK, but lost. It happens. We've just played two bad games and lost the second. St. Louis had nothing to do with it, we should all know it. The reason for poor play in this tourney is my second paragraph. Too predicable.

We also didn't help our cause to get out of this conference yesterday, so hopefully we can make some sort of run in the Dance from bad seed placement.

If not, we may just continue seeing St. Louis for a long time. Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

It is not the Lou and "you are what your record says you are".

I also think this too shall pass...
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                That's my point. That thinking by anyone is BS and in jest, it's not funny. We played a great game against UK, but lost. It happens. We've just played two bad games and lost the second. St. Louis had nothing to do with it, we should all know it. The reason for poor play in this tourney is my second paragraph. Too predicable.

We also didn't help our cause to get out of this conference yesterday, so hopefully we can make some sort of run in the Dance from bad seed placement.

If not, we may just continue seeing St. Louis for a long time. Hope I'm wrong.
                At some point past success/failure creeps in your head. You start to think about how you always seem to do well/poor in certain places/situations and it can effect your play.

WSU always seems to struggle in STL, and at some point, you have to think that effects them mentally. Sure it's fun to poke fun at St Louis and talk about curses, but there is some truth to the matter.
                The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                  At some point past success/failure creeps in your head. You start to think about how you always seem to do well/poor in certain places/situations and it can effect your play.

WSU always seems to struggle in STL, and at some point, you have to think that effects them mentally. Sure it's fun to poke fun at St Louis and talk about curses, but there is some truth to the matter.
                  I think you may be correct, at least up to a point. St. Louis is not a curse, but it may be part of our mental prep to playing there, thus the video. In Hoosiers, the coach didn't want his team thinking about where they are playing, but about how they are to play. The court has nothing to do it, but how you approach your play does. But, for WSU, I don't know how much of this mental thing is affecting our play over our game plan approach and adjustments.

Comment

lacking the MT in MTXE

Comment

Lacking passion. There is NO play angry in this squad.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                        To be generous, one could say "Not consistently" anyway.

Go Shocks!

Comment

I have come to realize that winning the MVC Tournament championship is our red dot.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I have come to realize that winning the MVC Tournament championship is our red dot.
                            A good analogy

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

How about this? We barely win the Valley Conference next Season, no less than 2nd. We invade the Lew with our young squad that is peaking. Peaking is not always enough so we get the eye of the tiger/play angry/MTXE mentality like never before. We have so much depth, the ticky tack fouls we will again receive will not matta!! Our foes start seeing the red dots that have followed us at the Lew like a bad penny and start missing lots of easy shots, especially 3's. Our shots start falling, we bank in 3's and shots high off the rim all are willed in by the basketball gods, and we pop the bubble like a juicy zit and then onward to the Dance where anything could happen. Can u dig it? Okay, no sunshine pumping needed but I'm fartin around awaiting good news next Sunday.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                                I TOTALLY disagree. Most of the team including the leaders HAVE played with great passion/intensity.
                                We just have not played smart allowing UNI to dictate tempo and playing THEIR game and not ours.
                                We had the athletes and rebounders and should have played more up tempo with a LOT more
                                ball movement. It's like we didn't learn a damn thing losing to them earlier and I think that has
                                to be more on the coach and the game plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X