Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever

I'm over it...

I'm over this game. I'm over this weekend. I'm over St Louis. I'm over the Valley.

Whatever happens next, I'm ready. Let's go.
    The Assman

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    I'm over it...

I'm over this game. I'm over this weekend. I'm over St Louis. I'm over the Valley.

Whatever happens next, I'm ready. Let's go.
    But are you Over The Rainbow

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      But are you Over The Rainbow
      Give me a few more hours
      The Assman

Comment

**** the Lou

Comment

I've been saying it for years: the tourney needs to go to KC. We can be the opening act for the Big 12 tourney the week after. I'm so sick of that city.

Comment

Part of me wants to protest St. Louis. Not just because we suck in it, but because this town is an abandoned dump. But that would mean not supporting the Shockers, and I'm not about that. So I guess I'll put up with this hot garbage town until we leave this anus of a conference.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
              Part of me wants to protest St. Louis. Not just because we suck in it, but because this town is an abandoned dump. But that would mean not supporting the Shockers, and I'm not about that. So I guess I'll put up with this hot garbage town until we leave this anus of a conference.

Not picking on you @ShockerPhi:, but playing in St. Louis has nothing to do with it. The point of the video is not that we are awed by the facility, but that the dimensions of the court are the same as back home. Shocker fans travel extremely well to St. Louis (whether we like St Louis or not) and it's practically as good as a home court crowd. Moving to KC may get you more WSU fans, but it will also get you the same refs as St Louis. Playing in KC or elsewhere does not get WSU away from playing Valley teams that know them well and, if we should get into another conference, those teams will get to know WSU as well, too, and will do it with better coaches and players.

It's time that our National CoY, with or without AA players, nut up and play to the higher expectations/goals they seek when it comes to the MVC tourney. Don't kid yourself. Just as Valley teams get to know our weaknesses better with playing us often, so will any other conference, and so will other teams in the Dance as they see more and more of our tapes and now that we are no longer considered a flash in the pan.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Not picking on you @ShockerPhi:, but playing in St. Louis has nothing to do with it. The point of the video is not that we are awed by the facility, but that the dimensions of the court are the same as back home. Shocker fans travel extremely well to St. Louis (whether we like St Louis or not) and it's practically as good as a home court crowd. Moving to KC may get you more WSU fans, but it will also get you the same refs as St Louis. Playing in KC or elsewhere does not get WSU away from playing Valley teams that know them well and, if we should get into another conference, those teams will get to know WSU as well, too, and will do it with better coaches and players.

It's time that our National CoY, with or without AA players, nut up and play to the higher expectations/goals they seek when it comes to the MVC tourney. Don't kid yourself. Just as Valley teams get to know our weaknesses better with playing us often, so will any other conference, and so will other teams in the Dance as they see more and more of our tapes and now that we are no longer considered a flash in the pan.
                I'm well aware. I said also because this town sucks. Even if we lost like this in KC (or some other, better town), I'd still have more fun and not feel as depressed. Because this town in general is depressing. The Union Station is abandoned. There's construction everywhere with no improvement. Just a dump.

Comment

Agreed that St. Louis is a dump. Gotta cater to all those Illinois and Indiana schools bringing tens of fans per game.

I really want out of this conference. We do EVERYTHING for it. It does NOTHING for us.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Why doesn't it go to the previous year's winner's town/venue so that we are at least bolstering the economies that our freaking schools are in?
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Why doesn't it go to the previous year's winner's town/venue so that we are at least bolstering the economies that our freaking schools are in?
                      Seriously. Then the following year, the defending champ could afford to play in the CBI with the tournament proceeds.

Great idea.
                      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

This is exactly why I stayed home this year. The Valley of Even is laughing all the way to bank right now. Until WSU fans have the gumption to give an EFF YOU right back to this POS conference, our fanbase deserves this misery in St. Louis. I said it last year and I will say it again:

STOP GOING TO ARCH MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!

If WSU sold 250 all-session tickets instead of 2,000+, that alone would cost the Valley roughly a quarter-million dollars or so. That doesn't account for single-session tickets, concessions, hotels, bars, restaurants, etc. We would cripple the Valley and St. Louis by staying the hell away.

The next time I am going to WSU's conference tournament will either be when Arch Madness moves to Kansas City or when WSU finds a new conference.
                        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                          This is exactly why I stayed home this year. The Valley of Even is laughing all the way to bank right now. Until WSU fans have the gumption to give an EFF YOU right back to this POS conference, our fanbase deserves this misery in St. Louis. I said it last year and I will say it again:

If WSU sold 250 all-session tickets instead of 2,000+, that alone would cost the Valley roughly a quarter-million dollars or so. That doesn't account for single-session tickets, concessions, hotels, bars, restaurants, etc. We would cripple the Valley and St. Louis by staying the hell away.

The next time I am going to WSU's conference tournament will either be when Arch Madness moves to Kansas City or when WSU finds a new conference.
                          I haven't been in years because that place is a **** hole. Don't bother using a Garmin unless it is updated daily. The roads are so jacked and the city such a mess that it won't do you much good. Also, I am sure if we would have won none of these posts would exist right now, but they are true none the less.
                          β€œLet your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
                          -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

the Valley tournament will be staying in the Loo

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Thats cool, f our team to give the Valley "the finger". Sounds like a good idea to me but why 250??? why not go for "0" fan attendance....C'mon man, this team has some warts and when they all hit at the same time you get a game like today...it had nothing to do with the Valley or St Louis.

Comment

Working...
                              X