Shocks vs. Redbirds - Game thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
    I can imagine Rashard being pretty intimidating if he was angry.
    A lot of bad boys on the court, so Marshall sent in Shaq just to make sure everyone understood not to get too physical.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• McDuffie was just standing there minding his biz and it was the Redturd players that gathered around him to form their little powwow. McDuffie did absolutely nothing wrong. The shove was unnecessary but expected from that group but I agree that it wasn't foul worthy.

Best be watching out the next time it happens though.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        McDuffie was just standing there minding his biz and it was the Redturd players that gathered around him to form their little powwow. McDuffie did absolutely nothing wrong. The shove was unnecessary but expected from that group but I agree that it wasn't foul worthy.

Best be watching out the next time it happens though.
        In the X days, ISU would have walked to the opposite free throw line to pow wow, then walked all the way back in hopes X had transitioned to his rebounding position.

Comment

• On a different topic, I watched the replay today and did anyone else noticed that McIntosh crossed over the out of bounds line nearly every time he was guarding the inbounds play? He got called once but did it a ton more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
            On a different topic, I watched the replay today and did anyone else noticed that McIntosh crossed over the out of bounds line nearly every time he was guarding the inbounds play? He got called once but did it a ton more.
            Yes. I noticed it the very first time FVV threw in under the bucket. Yelled about it, but no one else appeared to care..
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              The margin decline in the last couple of minutes was completely due to Marshall putting in and taking out seniors for recognition. Totally worth it.

EDIT: @ShockTalk beat me to the same basic thought.
              The two ideas are not mutually exclusive.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                In the X days, ISU would have walked to the opposite free throw line to pow wow, then walked all the way back in hopes X had transitioned to his rebounding position.
                X would have been the subject of many a review.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rollbird5 View Post
                  Honestly, I think that may be a little nitpicky and not that big of a deal that they were still out there and trying hard even with 2 minutes or so left. I was thinking about it some today actually and would've liked it if we just let Bush score so he could get his moment as a senior. But having those other guys finish the game doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Those are my guys and my team tho so I'll feel one way while you guys may feel another which is fine so feel free to disagree.
                  Appreciate your response. At the 9:28 mark, WSU up 19, McIntosh and Hawkins came in to join Paris and Purcell. At the 7:31 mark, McIntosh fouled out and WSU was up 25. By 1:46, Grady made a bucket and 1 to keep it at 25 and all three stayed in and had another 3 opportunities to come out. I will pay more attention in the future, but it usually seems that teams get their best players off the court in late blowouts and that was the situation. It would be pretty stupid to get a valuable player injured because you had him in a game you were down 25 late as he landed on someone's foot and turned his ankle badly.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Umm...look at it again. McDuffie didn't walk into anything. He was just standing there and didn't move when ISU wanted to huddle.

What I loved out of it was the response from Kelly and Grady. Kelly was like hey what's going on, and Grady more like, don't touch the merchandise.

Those kind of confrontations really haven't happened much in the Marshall era. It was especially good to see Grady, for a variety of reasons, have Mac's back.
                    ilsu was huddled up below the free-throw line, where the defense usually huddles, where markis went before he got surrounded. they should have bunched up on the other side of the line, where the offense usually does. they were blocking wichita state defensive huddle. maybe now muller will give his team a lesson on free-throw etiquette? nahh..

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      On a different topic, I watched the replay today and did anyone else noticed that McIntosh crossed over the out of bounds line nearly every time he was guarding the inbounds play? He got called once but did it a ton more.
                      He did not get called once. They stopped play and warned him once. Which is bush. Call the damn game. There is a rule for that.

Comment

• Over 100 photos in the gallery of Senior Night. It's the mega gallery of the season. Thanks to Taylor Wilkes and Mark Wilkes over at Dock 410 for once again shooting the game and providing great photos for such a special day.

All photos can be purchased over at www.shootangry.photography if you're wanting to frame a memory from Senior Night. You can also stop in at Dock 410 over on Commerce St. just south of Intrust Bank Arena and pick out your photos and check out their cool Shocker items.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
                          HCGM breaks the MVC just like Kanye breaks the internet!
                          yeezy is as yeezy does
                          Don't ever compare HCGM to that piece of **** Kanye

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            Umm...look at it again. McDuffie didn't walk into anything. He was just standing there and didn't move when ISU wanted to huddle.
                            That's what I saw. Markis looked like he was pretty indifferent to what Illinois State was doing. It almost appeared liked they formed their huddle around him. Normally, I would say it was just one of those things with no bad intent on the part of either team.

However, a little bit later after another Shocker foul Anton took his position on the lower block of the free throw lane (where he should be) and Illinois State formed its huddle next to him then started pointing at him and chirping to the ref. So maybe the Markis incident was just one of those things, and maybe it wasn't.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 2, 2016, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X