Sorry bout this pet peeve but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry bout this pet peeve but

it's so hard or time consuming to type out our players, committed players, and Coach's first, last, or a combo of both first and last names? Honestly, I thought we were better than this.
    We should use their first and/or last names.

um, I'm not sure I follow you here.

Comment

Sorry, but I don't understand this........ .05 beer night?

Comment

Like we some people talk about Aaron Ellis or Clevin Hannah, they call them AE or CH respectively. or just look at FSF's posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
          Like we some people talk about Aaron Ellis or Clevin Hannah, they call them AE or CH respectively. or just look at FSF's posts.
          While Hotel's composition is awful, I suspect I know his complaint.

Hotel prefers that posters do not use initials to refer to players and coaches.

I agree. It can be annoying.

Comment

I agree with HP and RDR.

Comment

^thank you for calling my example awful. :good:

Comment

So what do you recommend we use?

Some names have slightly confusing spellings, or take time to type out. I'd prefer to see BM instead of ANOTHER person typing out Brett Michael. Yes, that really is MY pet peeve.

What do you recommend instead? Jersey numbers? First names? Last names? Please, provide a solution when you complain.
                Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                Students > Alumni
                If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

I did say in my original post that we should use first, last or a combination of both names.

Comment

hey, its the interwebs...everbody does it...though i must admit that i'm one of the guys that still types the names out...however, i've mostly given up on capital letters and my punctuation is atrocious...maybe my spelling too.

Comment

I guess the initials don't bother me, but what does are those AT&T ads where everyone just talks in text lingo ... I really really hate those.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                        ^thank you for calling my example awful. :good:
                        hey unless you want to come over to my house and type for me you can eat one.......haha

Comment

"Like we some people talk about Aaron Ellis or Clevin Hannah, they call them AE or CH respectively. or just look at FSF's posts."

OH---when you refer to FSF---could that be forevershockerfan?"

"I thought we were better than this." :D
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                            "Like we some people talk about Aaron Ellis or Clevin Hannah, they call them AE or CH respectively. or just look at FSF's posts."

OH---when you refer to FSF---could that be forevershockerfan?"

"I thought we were better than this." :D

Does that mean nobody can refer to me as Sub or SG or SG22?
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

this just applies to the basketball team

Comment

Working...
                              X