Coach's post game comment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach's post game comment

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere; I just heard it over the weekend. My daughter works with someone who is a good friend of one of the assistant coaches. As I head it, after the UNI game Coach Marshall came into the locker room, erased the board, wrote in big letters NIT and walked out of the room.
    "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
    Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere; I just heard it over the weekend. My daughter works with someone who is a good friend of one of the assistant coaches. As I head it, after the UNI game Coach Marshall came into the locker room, erased the board, wrote in big letters NIT and walked out of the room.
    Late to the party, but no harm.

Comment

I like it. This team is going to rise or fall the rest of the way solely based on how our sophomores produce. It's pucker time, I'm still waiting to see Play Angry.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
        I like it. This team is going to rise or fall the rest of the way solely based on how our sophomores produce. It's pucker time, I'm still waiting to see Play Angry.
        saw plenty of bad humor on the court monday and thursday.

watch shaq morris' play against mo state in the first half, from the 8:30 mark.
        3 defensive possessions, 3 straight turnovers forced, 3 straight fast break bombs

that's grumpy behavior in my book
        Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

I had heard this too, but nowhere official. Obviously

Comment

I'm pretty positive it was either in an interview with MK or in a Eagle article where it mentioned Marshall writing NIT on the board.

Comment

Looks like the players decided immediately that they were not interested in what Coach was getting at.

WSU might even be ranked again tomorrow.

Comment

I hadn't heard about the walking out of the room part. That is pretty bad***.
                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Umm hump. No interpretation required.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I thought Coach had some interesting post-game comments regarding winning the outright Valley championship. Mostly I found it interesting how much he really didn't care. It seemed as if he knows his team is head-and-shoulders above the league, and that the 3-peat, while nice, isn't anything to write home about. Every time it was brought up, he shrugged it off, choosing instead to mention that the things they wanted to accomplish as a team awaited them in March....or later.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      I thought Coach had some interesting post-game comments regarding winning the outright Valley championship. Mostly I found it interesting how much he really didn't care. It seemed as if he knows his team is head-and-shoulders above the league, and that the 3-peat, while nice, isn't anything to write home about. Every time it was brought up, he shrugged it off, choosing instead to mention that the things they wanted to accomplish as a team awaited them in March....or later.
                      I heard this as well and agree with your assessment. And that being that a regular season conference championship is just one step in a long series of steps on the road to the ultimate accomplishment which is a National Championship. I think it's in keeping with what he allegedly scribbled on the board in the locker room. He's made no bones about the fact that his focus for his teams, whether this team, previous teams, or future teams, is nothing less than a National Championship and you better be prepared to practice and play like that's your focus as well. Otherwise, go join the Kentucky Wildcats and hope to make an NBA roster.

Comment

The intial part of this story was reported in the Eagle that "NIT" was written on the board in the film room after the Illinois State loss. That's not to say that this next part of the story didn't happen. In fact, as others have said, it would be pretty bad ass if it indeed happened.
                        78-65

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          It may also reflect that his winning a 4th is not important; he'd like to win his FIRST in a different conference!

Comment

I'm more apt to believe that his goal is to win the big one.
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Just to clarify, this was reported on the radio? By marshall?

Comment

Working...
                              X