Game winner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    Didn't we foul Colt Ryan or some Evansville guy on a half court shot at the end of the game in 2010 or thereabouts? If I remember it was a terrible call too.
    You're sorta half right.

It was Evansville, it was spring 2010 and the Aces had ended a 14 game losing streak 2 games prior to that game, beating us by 3 in Evansville, their 1st win of the Valley season.

We were Evansvilled by a team that shot 50% from the field, 40% from 3 and of course shot 10 more FTs than us, making 25-30. For an 0-13 joke of a team. So typical.

Naturally, since WSU had 20 wins and Evansville 5, they came into Koch 8 days later looking for the sweep.

It was actually Ned Cox, another Aces freshman, who admittedly was outstanding that night. He had 23 for the game, all after halftime. However, he was neither fouled, nor was he shooting anything, yet they still awarded him 3 FTs. Down 2 with maybe .3 on the clock.

The crowd was slightly annoyed. Missed the first (you can still see the blood stain on the step next to my seat when it trickled from my right ear) and somehow made the 2nd and 3rd with bolts being shaken from the stanchions.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      You're sorta half right.

It was Evansville, it was spring 2010 and the Aces had ended a 14 game losing streak 2 games prior to that game, beating us by 3 in Evansville, their 1st win of the Valley season.

We were Evansvilled by a team that shot 50% from the field, 40% from 3 and of course shot 10 more FTs than us, making 25-30. For an 0-13 joke of a team. So typical.

Naturally, since WSU had 20 wins and Evansville 5, they came into Koch 8 days later looking for the sweep.

It was actually Ned Cox, another Aces freshman, who admittedly was outstanding that night. He had 23 for the game, all after halftime. However, he was neither fouled, nor was he shooting anything, yet they still awarded him 3 FTs. Down 2 with maybe .3 on the clock.

The crowd was slightly annoyed. Missed the first (you can still see the blood stain on the step next to my seat when it trickled from my right ear) and somehow made the 2nd and 3rd with bolts being shaken from the stanchions.
      Yes it's becoming clear to me again. Thats exactly as I remember it. The last paragraph especially. It was one of the only moments I've been a part of where the crowd actually was the only hope left for the team. The team could do nothing but lose if the crowd was not able to influence the shooting accuracy. It was a moment I will never forget because usually the crowd can only cheer the team on. In this case we actually had to help win the game because the team was no longer a part of the game...until OT and I feel like it wasn't that close in OT

Comment

Karon Bradley was a transfer that played on our Sweet 16 team back with Paul Miller. That was a fun Season. Not sure if KB actually made a buzzer beater shot for us, but he made several big shots as I recall that had a positive impact leading us to wins. Big shots at opportune times are also so very key to success.

Kyle Wilson and Karon Bradley brings to mind the importance that certain transfers can bring to the table. Gabe Blair was solid and Mr. Grady is in the rotation mix for us this Season. Not all of these players were starters but they sure were/are key rotation players.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Not that it would have won the game, but Shocker Son said after the MO State game, "if Ron would have made that other free throw, we'd have made 100."

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
            Not that it would have won the game, but Shocker Son said after the MO State game, "if Ron would have made that other free throw, we'd have made 100."
            and If chocolate was more important to you than a Shocker game, no matter the outcome, you might not be known as the renowned SN Shocker Mama.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
              Karon Bradley was a transfer that played on our Sweet 16 team back with Paul Miller. That was a fun Season. Not sure if KB actually made a buzzer beater shot for us, but he made several big shots as I recall that had a positive impact leading us to wins. Big shots at opportune times are also so very key to success.

Kyle Wilson and Karon Bradley brings to mind the importance that certain transfers can bring to the table. Gabe Blair was solid and Mr. Grady is in the rotation mix for us this Season. Not all of these players were starters but they sure were/are key rotation players.
              On a different subject. I know next year is next year but I don't see anyone looking like they ready to step up at the point position. Maybe one of the recruits but they will have to learn the system. And that usually don't occur overnight. I'm sure they will figure it out. But my mind still wonders
              Who will it be? We will need two to be ready. Both of our current pg's graduate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol skool View Post
                On a different subject. I know next year is next year but I don't see anyone looking like they ready to step up at the point position. Maybe one of the recruits but they will have to learn the system. And that usually don't occur overnight. I'm sure they will figure it out. But my mind still wonders
                Who will it be? We will need two to be ready. Both of our current pg's graduate.
                Shamet or Frankamp will share that load until Smith is ready to go.

Comment

TT! ;)
                  The Assman

Comment

I'm wondering if there's any chance JRS might surprise us and play meaningful minutes. What a great story it would be for him if he has a breakout year next year.

I'll save everyone else the trouble and insert the rebuttal here: "If JRS is our starting point guard, then there is a lot wrong with our team"

There, now no one will have to say it to me. In any case, I think that would be neat.

Comment

"If JRS is our starting point guard, then there is a lot wrong with our team"

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        "If JRS is our starting point guard, then there is a lot wrong with our team"
                        Nothing wrong with JRS starting on senior night next year.

Comment

Working...
                        X