WSU Versus Indiana State Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Indiana State Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. If a spinney of Sycamore Trees fall at Terre Haute at 3-5-p.m. on the U, will folk hear it? To answer this complex question, we must ask our own SN rigger, trimmer, and reaper, Kung Wu who is a dendrology connoisseur. Kung Wu might just reply 75-74, or he might then say "basketball is like a box of chocolates and the Shocks will turn them into Forest Stumps.

Our game with them here was 82-62 Shocks. They are now 7-8 and 13-14 and the Shocks are 13-2 and 20-7. In that game, Great Scott and Devonte Brown combined for around 32 points. Other than our star guards, these 2 are the best guard tandem in the Valley IMO. Even so, they were just thumped by the Redbirds 78-50. The Shocks are road warriors which means they will come in this game and will leave with a 22 point surpass.

How does the Shocks win so many games on the road? We are a top 5 team defender, a top 20 bench scoring team, and we keep our turnovers to a mild roar. In this game, our focus to slow down Scott and Brown will become a reality. Baker and FVV do so many positive things up and down the stat sheet to help us be successful. Brown's D. just keeps getting better. 21-7 and 14-2 sound kewl? Timber!!!

Zacchaeus, you come down---52

Zach Brown, you sky up-------74
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Henry Carr 73
    Eddie Bird 59

Comment

Even though we've bounced back REALLY well after the UNI game, I'm still slightly nervous. We're no long invincible and a road game at Indy State always seems iffy to me. We SHOULD wind handily however. Keep up the pain.

Shockers - 75
      Trees - 62

Comment

WSU 74
        Ind St 68
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

But I'm hoping wsu just smashes them by 30.

Comment

If you guys don't win by 20+, you should start worrying about March. Our team has given up/Lansing has lost them. I can break out my yellow and black early this year.

Word on the street is that Lansing is leaving after this season. Rumors only, at this point, but where there's smoke...

Lansing wouldn't be fired, he would be leaving of his own accord, but via an agreement with the university. There's more here than just a guy leaving...hence the reason our AD search has gone so fast...

Comment

Originally posted by IndyTreeFan View Post
              If you guys don't win by 20+, you should start worrying about March. Our team has given up/Lansing has lost them. I can break out my yellow and black early this year.

Word on the street is that Lansing is leaving after this season. Rumors only, at this point, but where there's smoke...

Lansing wouldn't be fired, he would be leaving of his own accord, but via an agreement with the university. There's more here than just a guy leaving...hence the reason our AD search has gone so fast...
              Sorry to hear this, I have always liked Coach Lansing.
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                Even though we've bounced back REALLY well after the UNI game, I'm still slightly nervous. We're no long invincible and a road game at Indy State always seems iffy to me. We SHOULD wind handily however. Keep up the pain.

Shockers - 75
                Trees - 62
                my goodness, like ITF said, if WSU doesn't win by 20+ there is something wrong, if you've seen us play lately you'd know why, we're awful and have raised the white flag on the season, realistically Shox by 25+ points, and it will be over by the 10 minute mark in the 1st half. Sadly the Sycamores are collapsing again in the 2nd half of the MVC season, while everyone else gets better as the MVC season drags on, we repeatedly get worse every year after the 1st half of the MVC season.

Comment

The Shox are on a roll, albeit against lower tier programs, but ISUB won't pose an upgrade in competition. We win by 22.

Comment

Sad to hear. I too have always had the greatest of respect for Coach Lansing.

Certainly wish both him and Indiana State sucess in the future.

Comment

Meh, beat them like. image.jpg

Comment

We should win comfortably, 15-25 point range. I'll say 78-56 Shox. Not buying into the we have to win by 25 or were in trouble in March scenario. Look at what's happened this year, heck just this last week. Oklahoma losing to Texas Tech, Maryland losing to Minnesota, Iowa losing to Penn State. Win on the road, get home healthy and get ready for the next one.

Comment

Anyone here going to the game on Sunday?? I'll be there....

Comment

Is this game on ESPN 3 online?

Comment

ESPNU. Don't want to see us lose focus in a game we should win handedly.

Comment

Working...
                              X