BCS Bracket Buster concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wsu789
    Or, the Intrust Arena Shootout in Wichita?
    I thought about that, but I don't think Big 12 schools wouldn't go for it. But maybe? It could travel to Omaha and St. Louis, too. I don't really care, but it fits perfectly in between everyone in KC.

That and your arena is already too small and it isn't built yet.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Originally posted by Indy23
      I doubt power conferences would go for a bracketbuster-type game. At least locally we could solve some of the OOC problems for local non-BCS teams.

How about The Sprint Shoot-Out in Kansas City? The same eight teams every year, seeded a few weeks before the games. Big 12 schools wouldn't play each other. 1's play 1's, etc. Just the four games - not really a tournament. If the big boys lose ... well it was a neutral court, so there is less crying (although there will still be crying). Each school shares profits. The dang building is just sitting there with 19,000 seats waiting to be filled for something like this. The Big 12 Tourney was unreal - especially the atmosphere around the arena. Get ESPN involved and get the games televised, at least regionally. If it was played around Christmas, when traveling fans have holiday cash to spend, it would generate a lot of money for Kansas City. And each school is within three-hours' drive or less. Come on, Kansas City! Get it done.

(4)Mizzou vs. (4)UMKC, Noon
      (3)Nebraska vs. (3)Wichita State, 3 p.m.
      (2)Kansas State vs. (2)Missouri State, 6 p.m.
      (1)Kansas vs (1)Creighton, 9 p.m.

actually that is one darn good idea there Indy. Although, I'd bet the Big 12 schools would like a school from another power conference, but there really isnt one that fits.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
        How about it Charlie? Arkansas v. Creighton at the Qwest Center with a return game the following year to Fayettville?

Wait, why would we go to their place first? I mean not that it really matters, but they need the game more than us. They should come to our place first.

I think it would be hilarious to play Creighton now. I'd love it.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
          How about it Charlie? Arkansas v. Creighton at the Qwest Center with a return game the following year to Fayettville?
          Wait, why would we go to their place first? I mean not that it really matters, but they need the game more than us.
          And this is why no power conference school would waste their time with this idea.
          "You can observe a lot just by watching."
          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Yeah I agree, it will never happen. But I'd much rather play WSU or Creighton (esp now) than some of the other non-con teams we play. Although we do have some good non-cons now like Baylor, OU, Texas, Tulsa, ORU.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog

Wait, why would we go to their place first? I mean not that it really matters, but they need the game more than us. They should come to our place first.

I think it would be hilarious to play Creighton now. I'd love it.
              Gee, maybe I thought that UA would be confident enough in the quality of its program to extend a gesture of sportsmanship. You know, set aside greed and lust for power and simply play a game.

Comment

I doubt power conferences would go for a bracketbuster-type game. At least locally we could solve some of the OOC problems for local non-BCS teams.

How about The Sprint Shoot-Out in Kansas City? The same eight teams every year, seeded a few weeks before the games. Big 12 schools wouldn't play each other. 1's play 1's, etc. Just the four games - not really a tournament. If the big boys lose ... well it was a neutral court, so there is less crying (although there will still be crying). Each school shares profits. The dang building is just sitting there with 19,000 seats waiting to be filled for something like this. The Big 12 Tourney was unreal - especially the atmosphere around the arena. Get ESPN involved and get the games televised, at least regionally. If it was played around Christmas, when traveling fans have holiday cash to spend, it would generate a lot of money for Kansas City. And each school is within three-hours' drive or less. Come on, Kansas City! Get it done.

Or throw in Drake instead of UMKC and call it the KC area MVC - Big 12 shootout. But that would be a good idea. KC could probably fill a 25,000+ seat arena for that event.

Comment

UNC vs UNC-Charlotte
                  Duke vs Coastal Carolina
                  Wake Forest vs Winston Salem State
                  North Carolina State vs Western Carolina

Possibilities = ENDLESS

:posterwu:

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock

Or throw in Drake instead of UMKC and call it the KC area MVC - Big 12 shootout. But that would be a good idea. KC could probably fill a 25,000+ seat arena for that event.
                    Since it's in KC I think UMKC should be involved. But if they wanted to take Drake instead that'd be great too.

Comment

Since it's in KC I think UMKC should be involved. But if they wanted to take Drake instead that'd be great too.
                      I would think that you would have more luck with all MVC teams, because of RPI reasons, instead of using UMKC, which typically doesn't have a very strong one at the end of the season.

Comment

I would think that you would have more luck with all MVC teams, because of RPI reasons, instead of using UMKC, which typically doesn't have a very strong one at the end of the season.
                        Yeah but I'm trying to help out my hometown 'Roos here. I feel bad for them. Nobody likes them. Their facilities are bad. The entire AD consists of like four sports. Their basketball program was a disaster under the previous AD. Something like this could really help them out. 'Roo up!

But yeah, if it took exchanging UMKC for Drake to get this thing going, I wouldn't shed any tears.

Comment

Originally posted by Saulbadguy
                          UNC vs UNC-Charlotte
                          Duke vs Coastal Carolina
                          Wake Forest vs Winston Salem State
                          North Carolina State vs Western Carolina

Possibilities = ENDLESS

:posterwu:
                          K-State vs. Creighton

Comment

Bradley vs St. Louis

Comment

Or how about SIU vs. Okie State. Well, I guess we have that one going on right now in Carbondale.

SIU leads by 7 at the half, OSU with only 19 points.

2nd half, OSU is really struggling to defend the highly refined offensive game of Randall Falker.

2 minutes to go, SIU is really whipping OSU, 67-49.

Comment

Sutton going out in style. This won't be a story during the Tournament at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X