WSU Versus Drake Predictictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Drake Predictictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. Could it be the Bulldawgs and other Shocker foes are 'licking their chops' now that we did lose a Valley game? These other Valley teams have their own agenda and we will receive no eggs in our beer or sympathy from them.

Drake is alone in the Valley cellar at 1-11 and 6-18 and we defeated them 67-47 at our barn recently. Even so, no naps at the Knapp Center in Des Moines
    because the Shocks will be focused to begin a new winning streak. Ray Giacoletti is their coach and the Shocks will keep tabs on Timmer, Woodward, Enevold Jensen, and Abrahamson. No Valley team is underestimated, especially on the cold and lonely road.

Our Shocks did only commit 8 turnovers in our loss last night. However the box score in the Wichita Eagle today shows we got outrebounded 46-35. Neither the Redbirds or Shocks shot good from the field but we made only 9-15 on throws and the Birds were 22-26. The Shocks will get this 11 point road win and then head back to Koch Arena for some home cooking.

Maury John-------59

Jamie Thompson-70
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; February 7, 2016, 09:08 AM.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Chad Elstun 77
    Curt Smith 60

Comment

I feel bad for Drake.

Comment

SHOCKERS - 74
        ZONE DEFENSE - 2
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

WSU 75
          Drake 52
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Before this very Season started, I predicted FVV would lead the team in steals as he did for the past 2 Seasons. Actually, Fred does lead us in steals when looked at per minute played. However, overall steals is quite close with Baker having 37 and FVV at 36. Next could be 2 defensive stoppers of Shocker future with ZB with 17 and MM with 16.

Baker also leads the Shocks in minutes played, total rebounds, and points. Speaking of team rebounds, 3G has mentioned his concern of us being outrebounded in the last 2 games. Last night, we lost the battle of the boards 46-35. Any ideas of anything new between now and March/April that Coach might try to do to boost our team rebounding totals?

Last but not least, we put too many Redbirds on the free line last night. Even though we made 4 more field goals, the Birds made 22 free throws to our 9.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Because of the delay in the New Mexico State game, this is going to be the only game I get to see the team play in person. I am hoping for a early blow out by the shocks.

Drake of course is having a Blue Out in our Honor.

Comment

WSU 73
                Drake 50

Comment

Prediction: Drake's gonna get it.

Comment

Just get the W.

Comment

WSU opened -15. It has quickly moved to -19.

Comment

T' would be nice to see a huge improvement in shooting accuracy and rebounding which I fully expect to happen. If not, I would not want to sitting in our locker room at half-time.

Shocks - 68
                        Bull Dogs - 57

Comment

Shox: 87

Drake: 57

We start on a 15-2 run and never look back.

Comment

Shocks by 18
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Shocks by a whole bunch...

Comment

Working...
                              X