Ron Baker left off Jerry West Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Baker left off Jerry West Award

The best guard on the Pan Am games team doesn't get a nod for the West award. I guess I can understand it based on his stat line this year, and it's becoming more obvious that the stat line is the criteria for these awards versus actually watching the players and picking the best all around games.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

List Includes
    Grayson Allen-Duke
    Malcolm Hill-Illinois
    A.J. English-Iona
    Sheldon McClellan-Miami
    Caris LeVert-Michigan
    Buddy Hield-Oklahoma
    Julian Jacobs-USC
    Jalen Jones-Texas A&M
    Josh Hart-Villanove

Comment

They must not be taking defense in consideration as Ron is the best of the lot in that department.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
        A.J. English
        His name alone is enough reason for him to start working on his billiards game. Imagine walking into a smokey bar for a nine ball tournament and having to face "A.J. English".
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

There's a few teams on that list that'll be lucky to be sniffing the CBI this year.

#winning
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Unfortunately I can't say I argue that he should on over any of these guys. However, hopefully this plus FVV being left off the Cousy award list ends up equaling a NC. That would be much sweeter than any individual awards.

Comment

I know these guys have one goal in mind, and it has nothing to do with winning these awards, but the level of disrespect shown is just getting a little tired.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                Unfortunately I can't say I argue that he should on over any of these guys. However, hopefully this plus FVV being left off the Cousy award list ends up equaling a NC. That would be much sweeter than any individual awards.
                I can ... Julian Jacobs? Really. Head to head ... Baker 25 pts ... Jacobs .. 3.

Comment

In the glaring stats for guards (points, 3FG%, assists), Ron hasn't taken a step forward from last year, except for a bump in assists, that's offset by a bump in turnovers. Ron's defense is clearly better, but defense doesn't win POY awards. It is what it is. I honestly don't think Ron cares because he didn't come back for his senior year to win a player award. I can see Fred using snubs like that for motivation, but Ron is all business. Just my opinion, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    In the glaring stats for guards (points, 3FG%, assists), Ron hasn't taken a step forward from last year, except for a bump in assists, that's offset by a bump in turnovers. Ron's defense is clearly better, but defense doesn't win POY awards. It is what it is. I honestly don't think Ron cares because he didn't come back for his senior year to win a player award. I can see Fred using snubs like that for motivation, but Ron is all business. Just my opinion, of course.
                    Ron may not care, but its our jobs as fans to care for him ... and be very loud about it haha :)

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      Ron may not care, but its our jobs as fans to care for him ... and be very loud about it haha :)
                      Totally agree!!!

Comment

I think this is where our Depth HURTS our stars. They aren't averaging eye-popping numbers, because they don't have to. They are averaging good, not great numbers while winning every game by 20+ points and playing less than 30 minutes (Fred at least).

Comment

Honestly, it's what makes theses guys so freaking great.

You're never going to hear it from them. They're just going to work hard and stay clean and represent themselves, their team and their program better than about 99% of us.

And we get to see the results of the fire these people stoke inside of them.

It's a great time!

Comment

All I'm gonna say Is SIU better leave the women and children at home.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                              All I'm gonna say Is SIU better leave the women and children at home.

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Working...
                              X