Sports Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Sunday

I tuned in last night for the first time in over a year.. They weren't bashing WSU, so that was good. But every time they got a chance to talk about other NCAA stuff you could tell they were simply more thrilled to talk about it.
    I'm starting to wonder if maybe WSU and KWCH had business deal go south at some point?

I don't know about a business deal going south but some of the newbies certainly resemble the south end of a north bound horse.

Comment

I haven't watched it in years. Too many newbs, douches, and ignorance going over there. It used to be the best sports station in the city. Now, I'd say it's a distant 3rd.

I'm sorry to say but Bruce kept WSU intact there. Ever since he left, that place has fallen to pieces.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The delta bravo factor with Kunkle just makes KWCH unwatchable from a sports news perspective. The overall crew seemingly talking down to WSU fans half the time is just a nail in the coffin.

Anyone remember the good old (and professional) days with the Sports Sunday set and the bark-o-loungers, featuring Heartl, Kobbe, and Bartlett? Wow, what a degradation since then! From actual sports journalists to a bunch of 23 y/o shock jock drop outs. I'm guessing the only reason it is still on is because that time slot is worth about as much as ice is to an Eskimo.

Comment

I didn't even realize this show was still on the air.
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

You've got Northwestern, Syracuse, and Florida fans heading up the show there on many nights. I'm not saying you have to be a WSU homer, but having some 'contact' with the city and school in your life certainly wouldn't hurt.

Comment

Will is funny because he'll ask Twitter questions, make statements and then really doesn't want to actually engage people responding. Seems like a nice guy, but he clearly loves Power 5 stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                I didn't even realize this show was still on the air.
                Is Santa's workshop with Toy Boy still on too!!??
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                  Toy Boy could do better analysis: "FVV was zooming and zooming and zooming and zooming all over the court!"

Comment

As a matter of fact, it is on during the Christmas season.
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by jazztrane View Post
                      Toy Boy could do better analysis: "FVV was zooming and zooming and zooming and zooming all over the court!"
                      Too funny! Thanks for making Pepsi shoot out my nose.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
                        Will is funny because he'll ask Twitter questions, make statements and then really doesn't want to actually engage people responding. Seems like a nice guy, but he clearly loves Power 5 stuff.
                        Yeah the broadcast is obviously geared towards people who don't follow sports at all and ku die hards. None the less, Sports Sunday just seems awkward and out of place these days. They didn't have a can full of negative to unleash on the WSU segment, so they just stuck with acting bored. Then as soon as they move onto the big 12 segment the entire set lights up like a Christmas tree.
                        I could understand if WSU was bad at basketball, while ku was amazing, but that is certainly not the case anymore. I think it's one thing if a news station like kwch is in decline, but their current attitude towards wsu just makes them look like garbage journalism.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                          As a matter of fact, it is on during the Christmas season.
                          Kunkle is Toy Boy?
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Kunkle is Toy Boy?
                            No. He would be Boy Toy. Now please don't insult Toy Boy any further.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 1, 2016, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I'm guessing that their producers = KWCH said if you want to keep this program you might want to stop bashing the Shockers, because we have to sell advertising spots to people/companies need Shocker viewers to pay the bills. We can't pay the bills on this show then show goes away and your paycheck goes down.

Comment

Working...
                              X