History at the next home game!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History at the next home game!

If our Shox win their next home game, which we all expect, Marshall will be the all time winning coach! How amazing are these times?
    If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Between the Royals' revival of the 80's and WSU's Back to the Future renaissance...absolutely giddy.

Comment

that's a big one. so much history for wichita state through the years- gregg marshall will move to the head of the class (and march is still a full month away for this years great team).

thank you, jim schauss! thank you! thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO View Post
        Between the Royals' revival of the 80's and WSU's Back to the Future renaissance...absolutely giddy.
        And the Chiefs are winning again, too!
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

There's no denying that Coach Miller's 220 wins at WSU came against a much different, a much tougher Valley. There's also no denying that it took Coach Miller 50+ more games to reach this number.

I'm sure the information exists somewhere, but I bet the list of coaches that own the most wins at 2 different programs is a fairly short one.

Coach Miller is one of the all time greats, not just at WSU, but period. They'll probably be saying that about Gregg in 30-40 years too.

One more thing the 2 coaches have in common....an awful lot of loyalty shown to Wichita State. One thing they don't....Gregg has been to a Final Four.

Congratulations Coach Marshall on yet another incredible achievement. I look forward to seeing how far you will put this record out of reach.

Comment

Ralph Miller was indeed a great Coach and it bothered me when he left because I thought we should have done everything possible to keep him. Not sure what the details were but he left and some solid new recruits followed him.

This fun Season we are enjoying almost did not happen as we have seen it. Alabama came knocking with the green. Baker was considering going pro and I think the thought also entered FVV's mind. This Season would have looked different if any or all of these possibilities transpired. Instead, a coaching milestone will be achieved Wed. night with lots of positive games to follow.

With that said, Coach Marshall and his Staff have done an incredible job of winning and building a Program we can all be very proud of. Thanks to each of them for their hard work and accomplishments.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Trying to find the answer to my own question, I stumble on some interesting trivia.

By just 6 games at Winthrop, Gregg misses becoming just the 11th coach to win 200 games at 2 different schools. Coach Miller is one of the 10 that have achieved that mark.

With three 30 wins seasons, Gregg joins an exclusive club numbering 10.

He's also quickly climbing the tree of consecutive 20 win seasons.

Comment

What sets him apart to be part of the elite coaches? I could go on and forever on.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I think it's ok Marshall didn't stick around for 6 more wins at Winthrop.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    There's no denying that Coach Miller's 220 wins at WSU came against a much different, a much tougher Valley. There's also no denying that it took Coach Miller 50+ more games to reach this number.

I'm sure the information exists somewhere, but I bet the list of coaches that own the most wins at 2 different programs is a fairly short one.

Coach Miller is one of the all time greats, not just at WSU, but period. They'll probably be saying that about Gregg in 30-40 years too.

One more thing the 2 coaches have in common....an awful lot of loyalty shown to Wichita State. One thing they don't....Gregg has been to a Final Four.

Congratulations Coach Marshall on yet another incredible achievement. I look forward to seeing how far you will put this record out of reach.
                    I agree with everything except your number 3...We are already talking about how great a coach he is, it didn't take 30-40 years.:)

Comment

It is very nice that when they re-did Koch they created a great spot out front for the GM statue to go!

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                        What sets him apart to be part of the elite coaches? I could go on and forever on.
                        ...but you represent forever FSF.

Comment

if it came down to competition, then somebody should come along in the southland and do what marshall did at winthrop, ezie pezie, right? gregg marshall was the unanimous national coach of the year in 2014. that's the level he's on, period.

jim schauss hit a grand slam homerun with that hire. another important chapter to add, right now, in real time, to a school with some good basketball tradition.

just a really, really great accomplishment for an absolutely outstanding head coach. quite possibly the best in the country, just like jim schauss said when he hired him. outstanding.

Comment

Hope he sticks around to continue breaking records at WSU!!
                            "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
                            -- Pele

Comment

Gregg, Fred, Ron, Cleanthony

These are the men that will one day be in the rafters. These are the men that this generation's students will speak of when they speak of the greatest ever. This generation's children and their children's children will tell tales of the legend of Gregg Marshall.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X