Okay let's bring back....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay let's bring back....

...the coat check room. Charge a buck or two and let people enjoy the game without fighting their coats and/or whatever is in danger of being spilled on them. Isn't there a couple of places at Koch where this would work? Didn't they used to have it way back in the day or am I mistaken?

Sorry for a new thread but @pogo: had a good post on the game thread that jogged my memory.

I don't remember that, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. I've got CRS.

In old Levitt we used to leave our coats In the SASO room. There would be a mountain of them on and around the racks provided.
    Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

I remember hat/coat check at the Forum but I can't clearly remember it at the Roundhouse. Damn, I'm old.
      One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

I remember it at the roundhouse. But my memory isn't trustworthy.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Maybe it can be the WSU charity fund for Missouri State with the Sugar Bears taking the donations and hanging up the coats.

Comment

There is a couple that bring a large industrial trash bag to the game. Stash their coats inside and put it under their seats to keep them from getting spilled on or sticky from the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
              There is a couple that bring a large industrial trash bag to the game. Stash their coats inside and put it under their seats to keep them from getting spilled on or sticky from the floor.
              Clever!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                Several people do this in our section and we do, when we remember. I guess I should just keep a couple of bags in the trunk.
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

That's the nice thing about having seats next to the camera platform in 108, built in storage for personal items behind us!

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                    I remember hat/coat check at the Forum but I can't clearly remember it at the Roundhouse. Damn, I'm old.
                    I remember working the coat closet in the early 90's. It was staffed by volunteers from a student organisation (maybe SGA?). Don't recall if it was donation or fee based, but it was on the east side of the roundhouse. Obviously pre-renovation.

Comment

Originally posted by fansince80s View Post
                      That's the nice thing about having seats next to the camera platform in 108, built in storage for personal items behind us!
                      You ain't kidding! Love those seats!

This is tangential, but @fansince80s:, did you hear the people who sit to the left are moving to Colorado, but may keep their seats? And the guy to left of them, who has been there a long time (at least since the renovation), is thinking about not renewing or trying to find someone to split with.

Comment

In the early 2000s it wasn't an issue. There were plenty of empty rows to fill with coats.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Another reason I love being in the top row. Just throw my jacket behind my seat, and no one tells me when I can't stand up.
                          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            You ain't kidding! Love those seats!

This is tangential, but @fansince80s:, did you hear the people who sit to the left are moving to Colorado, but may keep their seats? And the guy to left of them, who has been there a long time (at least since the renovation), is thinking about not renewing or trying to find someone to split with.
                            Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                              Another reason I love being in the top row. Just throw my jacket behind my seat, and no one tells me when I can't stand up.
                              Kind of like VIP seats

Comment

Working...
                              X