WSU Versus Loyola Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus Loyola Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. Here is a 'spin off with a twist of Shocker goodness' of the song "Hey Porter" by Johnny Cash as we approach our next Valley contest.

"Hey Porter, Hey Porter, Can you tell me the time?

Because the all seeing eyeballs of 3G knows the Ramblers bagged some Panthers at Cedar Falls on the UNI Dime,

But now they have to cross the 21st and Hillside Line,

Now how will they see the light of day when 'Shake, Bake, and Take' blow the whistle declaring it's Shocker prime Time? "

Loyola did win a National Championship defeating Cincinnati 60-58 in O.T. in 1963 and was 29-2 that Season according to the Wikipedia. The Ramblers played only their 5 starters all the way. Back then, the raising of the fist and quality depth was not so prominent. According to a WSU Basketball Guide, our own Dave Stallworth scored 45 points against Loyola on 1/29/65. Thus, there is some history with these two squads.

Loyola beat Drake today and are now 2-6 and 9-11. They are led by Milton Doyle who was MVC Newcomer of the Year and MVC Freshman of the Year last Season. The Shocks will also focus on James, Turk, and Peterson.

The Shocks I predict will be 9-0 and 15-5 after this game with 42 straight home wins in a row, but who is counting? We will win by 22. The moral of the story goes like this. Foes come in here with visions of grandeur, dreaming of a savory porterhouse full meal deal. Instead, our Chefs Bake and Van-Take, serve them up chopped liver with no fixins.

Alfredric Hughes---------------49

Fred Van Smooth Van Assist--71
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; January 24, 2016, 10:09 AM.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

I'm gonna attempt to sit through the entire game. If the opponent sucks, who cares right?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Evansville right after.....

But we win anyway

Comment

After some deep analysis ...

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

18 point win for the Shocks
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Gene Smithson 83
            Gene Sullivan 56

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              I'm gonna attempt to sit through the entire game. If the opponent sucks, who cares right?
              Even though you are about as subtle as an AC-130 gunship flying over ISIS (don't change by the way) your point is spot on.

In most of our lifetimes we will never see another backcourt that even closely resemble what Fred and Ron have done. Don't waste the few opportunities there are to recognize them with all your energy. I don't think this board is the problem but we have become spoiled and even though next year will still be solid, you will notice rapidly the legacy they have left if you don't know already.

Comment

I predict some fans will finally realize Ron and Fred are good and they will clap.

No. . . Never mind . . .that will never happen

We will win. That's my prediction.

Comment

Shox by 18
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    After some deep analysis ...

You're one of those guys that wager heavily with center bets on the craps table.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                      You're one of those guys that wager heavily with center bets on the craps table.
                      I'm one of those guys that craps heavily with a center bet on the wager table.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Shox win by 20+++.

Comment

Shox by 8*pi.
                          I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerInKC View Post
                            Shox by 8*pi.
                            25 points is reasonable but that That extra .1327412287 points are going to be hard to get

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              I'm one of those guys that craps heavily with a center bet on the wager table.
                              Ok, I laughed!!!!

I WILL say that I saw the entire 1963 National Championship game they won over Cincy, so they CAN win...they just HAVEN'T for 53 years...

77-57 WSU...

Comment

Working...
                              X