WSU Versus UNI Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU Versus UNI Predictions and Pregame Discussions

Here's the deal. Charles Dickens just might also coin N. Iowa's Season thus far "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times." We were excited for them when they defeated #1 N.C. at home and they beat #5 Iowa State on the road. Now those wins were the best of times. Even so, about the time their fans were wanting "eggs in their beer" they lose to Hawaii, BYU, S. Ill., Mo.State, Indiana State, and Loyola. They are now 10-9 and 2-4 which have been the worst of times based on expectations that were floating around on Cloud 9 after such huge wins against top 5 teams. When it rains, will it pour down on them more? Stay tuned to upcoming prediction below.

Our trek there last Season was as easy to digest as finding halfway through your meal a dead roach stuck to the bottom of your moist, scrumptious, tender ribeye. Not the true grit win we were in search for that rough day. We played hard but did not execute. Tuttle was playing like Kevin McHale and they were raining in 3's like panthers and dogs. The player they have now that impresses me most is Wes Washpun. We also don't want to play a game of horse in their barn against Bohannon, Jesperson, and Morgan. Look for the Shocks to get up in their grill with some smash mouth Defense while keeping our fouls to a mild roar. Marshall knows they will have "the eye of a miffed panther" and he will prepare our beloved Shocks to expect the unexpected.

As we ponder the History of our Road Warriors for the past 5 Seasons, we win lots of road games when we keep our turnovers under 10, and our bench comes in and gives strong reinforcement help. WSU takes flurries of foes runs, sucker punches, haymakers, and crowd noise but yet can still win way more than our fair share on the cold and lonely road. I love our bench with Conner "shooter, shooter" Frankamp, Markis Majestic McDuffie, Thunder Dunk Machine Guns Kelly, and Groovy Grady. Our starters and finishers are 9 in number and still more Shockers developing, and I like that.

Charles Dickens was also quoted as saying "please sir, I want some more." This road win will be one that few other Valley teams will accomplish IMO. Today, we only had 5 turnovers, and really took charge the 2nd Half. More of that with a win please would be suweeet. With 7 ticks left on the game clock, FVV penetrates with the game tied, kicks it to an open Baker who drains the 3 at the buzzer for the surpass.

WSU---------------68

UNI----------------65
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; January 18, 2016, 06:50 AM.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

WSU 68
      UNI 63
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        When I grow up, I want to be a man of few words, just like Kung Wu.

Comment

Jason Perez 72
          Jason Daisy 61

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
            When I grow up, I want to be a man of few words, just like Kung Wu.

Hahaha, I'm relentless! Keep up the good prediction thread mojo! I love it!

How about that Fred Van Vleet fella? He can play a little roundball, no?

Who will be our big dog that steps up against UNI?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
              Jason Perez 72
              Jason Daisy 61
              An 11 point surpass like yourn prediction would be SN "extra, extra, read all about it material."

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                Hahaha, I'm relentless! Keep up the good prediction thread mojo! I love it!

How about that Fred Van Vleet fella? He can play a little roundball, no?

Who will be our big dog that steps up against UNI?
                Thanks for the kind words. Fred is a roundball wizard. The Great Wall Of Shaq/Groovy Grady one-two combination will be an inside rush of goodness for us. When they adapt to that, we will hit them with the flurry of Brown/MM/Kelly/. Then Wessel/Frankamp Wichita connection, and for the TKO will be Smooth Fred and Baker's last 3-point maker.

Comment

Other than blowing out some historically bad MVC teams, UNI has been Drake Night bad since their win over ISUbigxii. I'm hoping Vegas sets this line around Wichita State -2 or -3 so I can make some money. Really don't think Wichita State should be winning this game by anything less than double digits, even if UNI is hitting their 3s.

Comment

Would a UNI win solidify their at-large hopes?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Shocks by 12
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I think this game could be a trap game for us. They are capable of beating anyone as witnessed against n. Carolina and i state. I think our fanbase could be surprised. They are capable despite their poor performance lately. Plus we are circled on their calendar. No way this game is going unnoticed. That being said Marshall will have the troops ready against them. I think we win but it will be a real test for our troops.

Wsu 65
                        Uni 61

Comment

NIU's at-large hopes are dashed. While having wins over Iowa State and North Carolina are great, their 9 losses, including very bad losses to Missouri State and Loyola, overshadow what they did in the non-con. Now we come into their joint and as usual, we will be their 'Super Bowl' and a target to take out their frustration. Doesn't matter. WSU is too athletic and has more talent from top to bottom. Seth Tuttle isn't around anymore to score 29 points and shoot 70 percent from the field against us.

The boys will remember the embarrassment from last year's loss and pummel NIU. There is ONLY one way NIU wins. If someone pulls a Seth Tuttle and they shoot 60 percent from the field and 71 percent from the three point line like they did last year against us. That game was a fluke of all flukes and won't be repeated.

We'll win by 16.

Comment

ironically if they were in a piss5 league, it would because the committee would be saying well we're really less concerned about their 9 losses and feel we should focus on what they have done which is beat mighty Unc and ISu big 12.

Comment

Well, this one is BIG, despite -- no, actually because of -- the teams' relative MVC records. UNI can't afford to keep losing, and who better to beat to try to reverse their slide? This may not get the national attention that the Carolina game in Frozen Falls did (which will be just as well if the UNIs manage to rise up), but it's probably more important to them all things considered, so they and their fans will be going crazy if allowed to do so.

On the other hand, WSU has lost one regular season conference game since Creighton left the league, and you can bet Marshall has reminded his guys, probably more than once already, of when and where that mishap occurred. So from a motivational standpoint, I'll bet WSU is almost as eager for this one as the UNIs are. And with LeFred back and playing the way he is, the Shocks have definitely started to regain their road mojo, which may come in handy.

Comment

Working...
                              X