Wichita State to play Oklahoma in 2 game series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be there.

This is a great series. And I don't feel like we're being sniped after losing the AA's, since they are going through the same turnover. Also, OU may not always be Top 20, but they will be good so long as Kruger is there. This is a fantastic series.

Comment

Originally posted by wuhog View Post
      It's also no coincidence that he started a two game series the year after McDermott left Creighton and the year after FVV and Baker left us. Scheduling strategy. Let's show him we are a program, not 2 players.
      Creighton beat the Sooners anyway, and so can the Shockers.

Comment

Unless OU is bringing in a top-20 recruiting class, I fully expect WSU to be favored and win that game this December.

Comment

It has taken time, but our BB prowess and success are finally starting to pay off dividends as our out of conference schedule appears to be improving every year.

Hats off to everyone, coaches, players, AD, and all others, who has fought this battle and have played a part in its success.

Comment

I'm going to take the opportunity to introduce my wife to Rudys Country Store and BBQ if we go. Seriously good stuff.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
              Will the game be at Chesapeake Energy Arena in 2016? Speculate?

OU has trouble filling Lloyd Noble Arena. Not sure if they can sell 18,000 downtown.
              EZ drive, I expect WSU fans to bring it.....minimum 60-40 but I would not be surprised if it's 50-50.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                I'm going to take the opportunity to introduce my wife to Rudys Country Store and BBQ if we go. Seriously good stuff.
                All cooked meat is good to one degree or another but if you are using Rudys as a benchmark for good BBQ, I have failed as an uncle.
                One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                  All cooked meat is good to one degree or another but if you are using Rudys as a benchmark for good BBQ, I have failed as an uncle.
                  Actually an Earl's guy, which works because there is one in Bricktown!

Comment

Awesome addition to our schedule!! Now if we can just add one more good opponent for the other opening at IBA...

I think OU fans will definitely show up for this game. I imagine a fan split of 60-40 at best, maybe 70-30, in favor of OU. Which is nothing to scoff at for a road game. And also, WSU fans have been scientifically proven to yell 40% louder than OU fans :)
                    "The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning."
                    -- Pele

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                      I liked the experience more than anything. Kind of like Gates.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Perezident View Post
                        Awesome addition to our schedule!! Now if we can just add one more good opponent for the other opening at IBA...

I think OU fans will definitely show up for this game. I imagine a fan split of 60-40 at best, maybe 70-30, in favor of OU. Which is nothing to scoff at for a road game. And also, WSU fans have been scientifically proven to yell 40% louder than OU fans :)
                        I think if we can get three or four thousand Shocker fans there we can own the place noise wise. We did at Tulsa back in 1987 when we won the Valley tournament championship with just a few hundred. Their fans were pissed and it was glorious!
                        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                        X