ESPN3/Roku help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN3/Roku help needed

Am hoping some of you tech smart shockers can help this tech challenged shocker.

Have tried to watch replays of both the Drake and Bradley games on ESPN3 (on laptop) and on Roku Watch ESPN. On the laptop, the game plays normally until commercial break, then reverts back to start of the game. Did this on both games.

Also, when trying to watch on Roku3, game plays normally for a while, then loses connection and has to be reset in order to start all over.

We live in an area not supported by Cox (yet we have to live with the %$#$ blackout), so these seem to be our only options to watch replays after listening to brilliant broadcast of Mike Kennedy.

Any insights or help would be greatly appreciated.

GO SHOCKERS

Watching espn3 on Firefox would do the starting over nonsense. Watching it with Explorer worked much better.
    One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

You are correct, I do attempt to watch on Firefox. Will try IE........thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by BBShox84 View Post
        You are correct, I do attempt to watch on Firefox. Will try IE........thank you.
        I've never had any problems with Google Chrome. For the Roku: 1. Are you connecting to your router via ethernet or wireless? 2. Who is your internet provider?

My parents live in the country and their provider doesn't give enough throughput to handle the WatchESPN app. When I visit we have to use Sprint's LTE on my phone for internet access to watch replays of the games.

Comment

have tried both wireless and ethernet for the roku with same results. Provider is pixius. Did not have this issue until this year. Worked fine last year. Am wondering if it might be the roku unit itself with an issue?

Comment

Originally posted by BBShox84 View Post
            have tried both wireless and ethernet for the roku with same results. Provider is pixius. Did not have this issue until this year. Worked fine last year. Am wondering if it might be the roku unit itself with an issue?
            I had the same issues here in Branson. We live near the lake (not in town) and our internet service is poor at best. I started out on our home internet provider and the broadcast was starting over and then going clear to the end on most commercial breaks. I then switched to my cell phone hot spot and had the same experience.

I was using IE the whole time.

I'm thinking it had something to do with ESPN 3. We were blacked out here also so I had to watch the replay. This is the first game this season that I couldn't watch live......thanks Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by boltforge View Post
              I've never had any problems with Google Chrome. For the Roku: 1. Are you connecting to your router via ethernet or wireless? 2. Who is your internet provider?

My parents live in the country and their provider doesn't give enough throughput to handle the WatchESPN app. When I visit we have to use Sprint's LTE on my phone for internet access to watch replays of the games.
              I am the last person to be contacted about tech matters.

My audio/video guy strongly recommends cabled Roku over wireless Roku.
              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
              X