By the hair of their chiny, chin, chin --

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By the hair of their chiny, chin, chin --

Tennessee JUST slithered by South Carolina, 87-89.

Great game. The SEC Tournament is free to watch on Yahoo, by the way. Arkansas vs. Vandy in half an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog
      Great game. The SEC Tournament is free to watch on Yahoo, by the way. Arkansas vs. Vandy in half an hour.
      I'm at work. Just stopped long enough to check the score.

Comment

Well, here we go!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          Well, here we go!
          Where's that?

Comment

Is USC going to be NIT or CIT (or whatever that's called) bound?

Colorado is hanging with OU, down 2 with 3:45 to play.

Comment

USC is 14-18. I guess they have a chance at the CBI (no rule against teams with losing records) but I have to think they can find 16 better teams than the Cocks....

Comment

For some reason I thought their record was a little better. Shows you how much I followed their team!

Comment

What is VCU's post-season status? Looks like they are on the bubble for the NCAA. If left out, then they will certainly be NIT bound.

Could be awhile yet before USC is allowed to talk with Anthony Grant, if that is a direction they want to go.

Comment

what i heard on the radio yesterday is alot teams are gonna reject going to that CBI tourney.
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Yep, as winners of their conference regular season, the NIT must take them by rule if they are not selected to the NCAAs which they probably will not be.

RPI #57

0-2 v top 50

4-3 v top 100

7-0 200+ ouch

solid non conference. Wins Bradley (Away), Akron (Away), Houston and Maryland (neutral) MDES, Elon, Richmond & Longwood (all home). Close losses to Arkansas & Miami (the U) (neutral) & Hampton (away, ouch)

They are certainly killed by their conference.

Comment

Wow, There will now be 113 Division I teams playing post-season basketball thanks to the CBI. Now nobody can complain that NCAA Football has too many teams playing in the post-season.
                        "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

But what are the percentages BA?

113 out of 300+ vs. 56 out of 119, I think?

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                            Wow, There will now be 113 Division I teams playing post-season basketball thanks to the CBI. Now nobody can complain that NCAA Football has too many teams playing in the post-season.
                            What percentage of teams play for each?
                            Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

The percentage of each doesn't matter to me. I just don't believe it is possible to have 113 teams that are good enough to play post-season basketball. Just like there aren't 56 teams worthy of playing post-season football. The 12th place team in the Big East shouldn't be allowed to play in a post-season tournament, but that team (Providence) is ranked 107th in the RPI and will probably be a front-runner for the CBI.
                              "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                              X