Utah Redux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah Redux

This game was a twin to last year's game against Utah. Fred failed to get others involved and became very easy to guard.

Game was lost in the first half when WSU's bigs failed to recognize how SH was denying Fred the ball. Kept wasting possessions.

Originally posted by proshox View Post
    This game was a twin to last year's game against Utah. Fred failed to get others involved and became very easy to guard.

Game was lost in the first half when WSU's bigs failed to recognize how SH was denying Fred the ball. Kept wasting possessions.
    I thought the 12ish turnovers in the 2nd half lost it. 1st half looked mostly good.

But I agree that it reminded me a lot of the Utah game last year.

Comment

Great observations...may be semantics, but rather than saying that the game was lost in the first half, I'd say WSU lost the opportunity to win it in the first half. WSU came out and hit Seton Hall in the mouth by playing much harder and with more intensity that they were prepared. It took 15 minutes for SH to catch up and find a similar intensity level. WSU may missed the opportunity to step on their throat when they were stunned. Once SH matched WSU's level of effort, their athleticism and length took over. WSU great jump shooting is the only reason it was a game. Seton Hall was extremely good today.

It's very counter-intuitive, but I actually wonder if WSU might have been better off with Ron guarding Whitehead less in the 2nd half. Counter-intuitive because RB dominated Whitehead, BUT that really seemed to force the other guys to step up and opened up the offense quite a bit. The Hall's offense was more stagnant and much less effective in the first half when WSU switched Ron off him early when he got his first foul.

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
        Great observations...may be semantics, but rather than saying that the game was lost in the first half, I'd say WSU lost the opportunity to win it in the first half. WSU came out and hit Seton Hall in the mouth by playing much harder and with more intensity that they were prepared. It took 15 minutes for SH to catch up and find a similar intensity level. WSU may missed the opportunity to step on their throat when they were stunned. Once SH matched WSU's level of effort, their athleticism and length took over. WSU great jump shooting is the only reason it was a game. Seton Hall was extremely good today.

It's very counter-intuitive, but I actually wonder if WSU might have been better off with Ron guarding Whitehead less in the 2nd half. Counter-intuitive because RB dominated Whitehead, BUT that really seemed to force the other guys to step up and opened up the offense quite a bit. The Hall's offense was more stagnant and much less effective in the first half when WSU switched Ron off him early when he got his first foul.

Don't know who you are but thanks for the reference to my favorite movie....:)

Comment

Working...
        X