2015/2016 TV viewership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015/2016 TV viewership

I am so looking forward to seeing the TV ratings of WSU games versus other teams of interest. Hopefully @shox1989 and @Shocker-maniac will enlighten us again periodically throughout the season.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

415k viewers on ESPN2 last week vs. UNLV (12/9/15). For whatever reason it won't let me paste the url for the article, but this is from sportstvratings.com's article on Dec. 9th's ratings.

Comment

61k viewers on ESPNU for WSU vs. SLU on 12/5/15 (also used sportstvratings.com for this one, this time the Dec. 5th article)

Numbers for the game against Utah should be released tomorrow.

Comment

288k viewers on ESPN2 for WSU vs. USC on 11/26/15 (sportstvratings.com)

Were either of the other Orlando games or the Tulsa game on actual TV or just online? I'm not finding any numbers for those...

Comment

Interesting there were more viewers for the UNLV match-up than the USC game. Maybe the time of day had an effect or something.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerMas View Post
            288k viewers on ESPN2 for WSU vs. USC on 11/26/15 (sportstvratings.com)

Were either of the other Orlando games or the Tulsa game on actual TV or just online? I'm not finding any numbers for those...
            I think the other two were just online.
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
              Interesting there were more viewers for the UNLV match-up than the USC game. Maybe the time of day had an effect or something.
              Lots of people in food coma at that time...

Comment

217k viewers for Utah @ WSU on ESPN2 (12/12/2015)

Comment

Them Vegas folks knows good entertainment. :)

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerMas View Post
                    217k viewers for Utah @ WSU on ESPN2 (12/12/2015)
                    I don't know what typical Saturday afternoon ratings are, but after 415k on a Wednesday night this seems a little disappointing to me. The late Saturday game (10pm ET) on ESPN2 (UCLA/Gonzaga) had 733k.

Comment

That seems surprisingly low to me too, Royal. Although maybe I shouldn't be surprised -- actually, I'm almost always struck by how low the basketball numbers are, and not just for the Shocks. I realize this isn't football and it isn't the height of the season when people will be accustomed to watching basketball on a Saturday afternoon, but I'm still disappointed that it drew barely over half of the Wednesday night viewership. There should be darn near 200,000 Shockernetters alone watching, shouldn't there?

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                        That seems surprisingly low to me too, Royal. Although maybe I shouldn't be surprised -- actually, I'm almost always struck by how low the basketball numbers are, and not just for the Shocks. I realize this isn't football and it isn't the height of the season when people will be accustomed to watching basketball on a Saturday afternoon, but I'm still disappointed that it drew barely over half of the Wednesday night viewership. There should be darn near 200,000 Shockernetters alone watching, shouldn't there?
                        I am not sure anyone in Wichita is counted in these TV ratings. I think I remember reading somewhere that Nielsen only includes people in the top 50 TV markets when they calculate their overnight ratings. It that indeed is the case, then the only time Wichita viewers would have input is during "sweeps" months when they mail out little booklets to people who write down what they watch. And even then they would not be included in the overnight TV ratings. The only people in KS that would be included would be those in the KC TV market. And that isn't exactly a Shocker stronghold.
                        Last edited by shocker3; December 18, 2015, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                          On a national basis in terms of TV ratings, college basketball is a distant second to college football. The average fan doesn't get interested in basketball until the bowl games are over. For many, it's something to fill the time between the end of the college football season and the start of spring football. This why they say football drives the bus.
                          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

36k viewers for the game against Drake on ESPNU on New Years Eve (data from sportstvratings.com Dec. 31st Article). It was going to be difficult to pull a big number for this game as it was competing with the 1st of the New Years Six Bowls (Houston vs. FSU) which had 5,604,000 viewers while also being in the middle of a work day for many potential viewers.

I haven't figured out a way to get the viewership number for the game @ Seton Hall yet because that game was on FOX and the site I use only posts #'s from games on cable channels, so if anyone has that number please post it as I'm curious how it will look.

Comment

I thought it was interesting that ESPN declined the option to place our game at home vs. Indiana State on ESPNU and instead chose the internet-only ESPN3 option. First time in a few years we've had a flex option game kicked to the curb.

Comment

Working...
                              X