Shocker Connections Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocker Connections Update

If we have to be done, then I will try to enjoy the successes of former WSU players/opponents as they try to make the big show.

Tonight's additions include former Shocker and current Tulsa Hurricane Calvin Walls pouring in 12 points and 10 boards in a 78-68 OT win over former opponent UAB in the C-USA quarterfinals. Ben Uzoh had 21. Sophmore 7 footer Jerome Jordan had 23-17 and 5 blocks. He and Uzoh are going to be a handful next year.

Tulsa gets upset winner UTEP in the semis with an excellent chance to play in the finals, almost assuredly against Memphis. I'd love to be able to see that game.

Of course former Shocker Adam Liberty will be making his third trip to the dance next week as a member of Oral Roberts.

The season's opponent Ark-PB advanced to the semis of the SWAC tourney with an upset of #3 seeded Alabama A&M.

UMBC will play for a tourney bid Saturday in the America East finals against Hartford.

Why exactly was Calvin Walls shown the door here? I seem to recall that many thought he was unable to mentally grasp the D1 level game....... seems like he may have figured that out now.

Comment

I believe, but could be wrong, it was mentioned he was not structured enough in his playing, a little bit of a loose cannon on the court, but had potential.

I still remember his 'jam' when he was here, and thought he had more potential than he was being given credit for.

Evidently, someone has developed his potential pretty good.

Comment

Sometimes a mandated change of scenery is good. Glad Walls found some success.

Comment

Working...
        X